Billy Joel

Movin' Out ...

of $14 Mil Miami Palace

5/8/2012 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0508_billy_joel_house_for_Sale_miami_launch

Billy Joel
must be INSANE -- like certifiably insane -- 'cause the Piano Man has grown tired of his INCREDIBLE Miami Beach estate ... and put the place up for sale for the low low price of $14.75 mil.

The 8,881 square foot oceanfront palace -- located on the ultra-exclusive La Gorce Island -- boasts 7 bedrooms, 8.5 baths ... and happens to be surrounded by famous neighbors like Cher and Lil Wayne.

Joel bought the place in 2006 for $13.5 mil -- it's unclear why he's decided to leave.

But if you've got the cash ... this place is a dream pad ...with a gourmet chef kitchen, wine cellar, bad-ass swimming pool and of course 150 feet of water frontage.

... 'cause everyone needs a place to park their boat.

Thanks to South Beach Condo Blog for the heads up.

Bitchmaster

Next to Cher and lilwayne? Should have been near Kim K. If it was it would be double the value!!! I'm sure....

Seldombinlaid

Wow That place is sweat! I'd never part with that, And who's Lil Wayne?

Throwback kid

TMZ needs to get rid of this new format, it is awful! The white and red strain your eyes and the site is too cluttered. I no longer enjoys reading TMZ and if they notice the dropoff in comments they would see other people do not like this new format and have been going to other gossip sites to get their news

If TMZ really wants to change the format how about not giving us another worthless Kardashian story every 5 minutes

Phreaky

I think once Lil' Wayne becomes your neighbor, the neighborhood has pretty much gone to hell and it's time to sell.

MaachoMaan

Billy....I got'cha, man!!! 'got change for a Billion???

KicksandGiggles

Hooray for Billy! Life is too short not to live and do what you want especially when you have the $$$ to do it!!

Gaylord

Please adopt me Billy! I will watch the house for you so you don't have to sell it! Please, please, please ... I like For The Longest Time :-)

Celeb Gossip Addict

I don't love it, but I'm sure there will be plenty of people in that income bracket that will think it's perfect. I guess lifestyles of the rich and famous is not for me.

buzz kill

Can't blame him I wouldn't want to live anywhere near Cher or Lil Wayne either.

Tigers Wood

Good man, sell it before the ocean rises from global warming and floods it.

News Flash

Put a hold on it! I'm on my way!

Aussie

Yup, and the reason the Piano Man is leaving that he is surrounded by neighbors like Cher and Lil Wayne ..... go on .... hate me for it !

buzz kill

What a dump. Is it section 8?

Cindy

Oh my lord! I would have to install a tracking device so as not to have my kids go missing!!!!!!
That is far too much house!
Really, really lovely, but if I didn't have plans to house a small country.... too much house!

Rey

Well the problem is obvious, one of his neighbors is Lil Wayne. Of course he decided to move!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments