Mitchell Guist

Dies in Louisiana [Update]

5/14/2012 9:58 AM PDT UPDATED: 5/14/2012 4:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0514_swamp_people_mitchell_guist

update_bar
10:19 AM PDT --
Law enforcement sources tell us ... Mitchell was out in his boat along the Belle River ... when he "fell." Witnesses say he appeared to have been suffering from a seizure.

We're told another person on the boat returned the vessel to the dock and called 911. Emergency personnel responded to the scene and transported Mitchell to a nearby hospital ... but it was too late.

12:15 PM PDT -- A rep for the History Channel tells us, "We are extremely saddened to report that our friend and beloved member of the Swamp People family, Mitchell Guist, has passed away earlier today. Mitchell passed on the swamp, doing what he love."

4:11 PM PDT -- The 911 call, placed moments after Mitchell Guist fell, was just released to a local news station. According to the caller, Mitchell had a seizure then went into cardiac arrest.

051412_swamp_people_911_launch
0314_divider_graphic
Mitchell Guist
-- one of the bearded alligator-hunting brothers featured on the reality show "Swamp People" -- has died.

According to WBRZ.com, Mitchell was discovered at 9 AM in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... someone tried to perform CPR on Guist ... but attempts to resuscitate the reality star were unsuccessful.

051412_guist_swamp_people_launch
Sources close to Mitchell tell us ... Guist had recently fallen ill ... but the nature of his illness is still unclear.

Story developing ...

0514_mitchell_guist_footer

Leslea

It is a sad thing when someone dies and for his family this is an unfortunate incident. I do wish, however, that this type of cruelty toward these animals be stopped. The manner in which the alligators lose their lives is horrible and how a person can inflict this on another living being is unimaginable. It is my prayer that the show be discontinued. Steve Irwin would be digusted by these tactics and I am sure he would be on a mission to see that it is halted!

Emily Davenport

So sorry to hear of Mitchell's passing; my prayers & thoughts go out to Glenn & their family.

Emily Davenport

So sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to his brother, Glenn and their family. He will be missed

Paul A'Barge

n

Shakea

R.I.P

G Woda

So sorry to hear about Mitchell, our heart goes out to Glenn and the family. We watch Swamp People and always loved seeing what those two was going to do, and what they were going to eat. He will be missed RIP.

Samuel Ward

RIP Mitchell! Sure have enjoyed watching you and your brother on swamp people! You will be terribly missed. My condolences to your brother and family! The compassion you and your brother have shown with your neighbors and relatives-with your cookouts sharing whatever you had to give have not gone unnoticed by your viewers. We can appreciate someone like you and your brother. God Bless you!

tommy

you rest in pease now you here.will miss you lots off love from sweden,

9sshty6

glad he's gone...all those croc's he slaughtered looks good on him

tony clark

my god wrap his arms around his brother,family,and friends the swap people lost a good man and we as viewers are sadden for his loss and pray for his family,and brother RIP SIR YOU WILL BE MISSED....

colesbury

Love TMZ morning and night time same show twice a day but gotz to love it ! Thanks Harvey !!!!! And the super crew behind you !!!!

iris

Very Sad Indeed,He Will Be Missed! My Condolences to his brother Glen and family...

Meghan

As much as i hate all the shows on history channel now (It use to be really good), my heart goes out to his family.

gcarroll247

my prayers go to his family he was a good old country boy

carole busby

To Glenn & all the swamp people. May God be with you in this sad time.I will miss seeing him on the show. I have watched it religously since it came on. I think they're a hoot. May God hold yor hand as you all go thru this sad time.