Mitchell Guist

Dies in Louisiana [Update]

5/14/2012 9:58 AM PDT UPDATED: 5/14/2012 4:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0514_swamp_people_mitchell_guist

update_bar
10:19 AM PDT --
Law enforcement sources tell us ... Mitchell was out in his boat along the Belle River ... when he "fell." Witnesses say he appeared to have been suffering from a seizure.

We're told another person on the boat returned the vessel to the dock and called 911. Emergency personnel responded to the scene and transported Mitchell to a nearby hospital ... but it was too late.

12:15 PM PDT -- A rep for the History Channel tells us, "We are extremely saddened to report that our friend and beloved member of the Swamp People family, Mitchell Guist, has passed away earlier today. Mitchell passed on the swamp, doing what he love."

4:11 PM PDT -- The 911 call, placed moments after Mitchell Guist fell, was just released to a local news station. According to the caller, Mitchell had a seizure then went into cardiac arrest.

051412_swamp_people_911_launch
0314_divider_graphic
Mitchell Guist
-- one of the bearded alligator-hunting brothers featured on the reality show "Swamp People" -- has died.

According to WBRZ.com, Mitchell was discovered at 9 AM in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... someone tried to perform CPR on Guist ... but attempts to resuscitate the reality star were unsuccessful.

051412_guist_swamp_people_launch
Sources close to Mitchell tell us ... Guist had recently fallen ill ... but the nature of his illness is still unclear.

Story developing ...

0514_mitchell_guist_footer

TMZgossip

RIP Mitchell
Condolences Glenn

You guys always kept me entertained!!

YAAAA BABBYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

DaveT

Sad news, I like Mitchell and Glenn brothers, fun loving guys who lived by their own means living off the land, tough deal for Glenn, those two were really close, RIP

matt

damnit! those two were the funniest ones on the show
him and his brother were inseperable...RIP good buddy... hope them alligator gar are big and good in heaven

Laura

Didn't they or weren't they close to getting their own show? They seem like good people. RIP

NTL

RIP Mitchell. Poor brother won't know what to do with himself. Sad news...

Stacy

Mean people suck. GFY
He was awesome. Super nice guy...

Roman

RIP, but can you really call him a star? I've never even heard of that show and I watch an assload of TV!

Sonja

Seriously? I can't believe the negative, heartless posts. Makes my heart hurt. As far as his 'appearance' you have to remember, these people are cajun, they don't live with the wonderlust of most. I feel so sad for this man's family. :(

parlayer

"Live by the swamp, Die by the swamp"

sPaNkdEnALgAs

RIP Mitchell

Miss Bu

RIP Mitchell we will miss you.

CindiK

RIP Mitchell thanks for the entertaiment!!

KevinBKlein

Thats so sad about the swamp guy dying , hope you guys got a chance to check out my youtube channel for great laughsand my awesome cd release at www.kevinbklein.com

Colleen Beaudrot

my heart goes out to the family and all his friends there and around the world he will be deeply missed

Colleen Beaudrot

I am so sad this is horrible for everyone i will pray for the family and friends my heart really hurts god will take care of him so sorry