Britney Spears

Big 'X Factor' Announcement

5/14/2012 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

051412_xfactor_judges_launch
It's the biggest TV news in a long time -- Britney Spears officially signing on to judge the next season of "X Factor" for $15 MILLION -- but Brit looked nervous during the big announcement today.

Simon Cowell made the announcement moments ago at the Upfronts in New York -- publicly unveiling the two newest judges on "X Factor" ... Britney and Demi Lovato.

But unlike Demi, Britney sort of pulled a poker face when Simon called her name.

And when Britney briefly spoke, she sounded nervous, saying, "I am so excited about this whole experience. It's gonna be so much fun and so different from anything I've ever done and I'm ready to find the true star." Demi added, "I am totally stoked to be here!"

Yeah, we bet you are.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Britney

There comes a time in your life when even money can't buy you happiness....

campy

How big could she really smile? She was a farting machine while on meth. Even her bodyguards say so.

taz

This has got train wreck written all over it. A non-functioning has-been and a junkie with an attitude. Great TV.

My Big Salami

Their ratings were already in the tank. Now with Brit on the show its a guaranteed flop!...Put the words CANCELLD next to this show!

Jen

Leave her alone, she looks fine. Stop trying to 'create' more drame around this poor broken soul.

KicksandGiggles

Hell, For $15 million, the corners of her mouth should be touching!!

Kevin

Britney's gonna crack under the pressure in the live shows, I predict. Gonna be two frail young emotional wrecks of women by the end.

Be a little inappropriate~

Oh tmz is pressed, who the **** is shocked? she looks amazing and there's a ton of pics of her smiling. I don't know why I bother with this failure of a site, I'm out.

amazinglybored

Best wishes to her being able to handle this. Oddly enough I might actually watch an episode or two to see how she does.

stu

Period day!

JayTee

x factor rating are going to drop like crazy after about the first two episodes

George

WTF??? She was smiling ALL THE TIME.

taz

Just now got the video to work. Yikes! That was the most awkward few moments. What is Simon thinking with this casting? People will tune in at first to see Britney caught like a deer in the headlights but they will soon turn away when they have to hear her try to form coherent words.

Emilio

Jlo ears more for American Idol

Throwback kid

Britney is a high school dropout who comes across as mildly retarded, can she handle a job like this?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments