« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Terrell Owens

DROPPED from Indoor Football Team

5/29/2012 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0529_terrell_owens_tmz
Terrell Owens -- once considered a lock for the NFL Hall of Fame -- has been released from the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League ... and his infamous prima donna ways are to blame.

Team president Tommy Benizio tells TMZ the decision was "performance based" -- but says the final straw was T.O. skipping a recent team visit to a children's hospital in Allen, TX.

This was T.O.'s first season with the Wranglers ... and when he announced the move to the IFL in January it was considered a huge fall from grace for a former NFL superstar.

T.O. put up 10 touchdowns in 8 games for the Wranglers, and had hoped his performance would get him back into the NFL. T.O.'s been trying to impress teams for years ... back in 2010, he flaunted his athleticism for a TMZ camera guy.

053012_to_jump
By the way, Benizio says T.O.'s also been cut from the Wranglers' ownership group.

1010_TO_football_photo_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

EMB

An idiot, I mean leopard, cant change its spots.

Santo

Ughh, what a waste, this guy. Terrell, your NFL career is over. Get used to it. Get used to being a regular Joe-schmoe, and dump the attitude.

NickSunset

Got this guy in the Celebrity DeadPool looks like I will be collecting soon. Beers are on me at the Cat Fiddle.

Carl

You know you have serious personality issues when you've fallen as far as he has, and acted as desperate as he has, yet still think you are too special to follow team rules.

Justin

It's only a matter of time before he Seau's himself.

I am Spartacus

The guy agreed to give him a contract where he wasn't required to play in all road games and then got mad when he didn't play in 2 road games.

What'd you expect? Sounds to me like the owner is unhappy because he's not getting the publicity or revenue he expected when he signed TO and now needs a way to get his money back.

Can't excuse not visiting the hospital but it's funny that the owner is mad at him for not playing in 2 road games when it's in his contract that he isn't required to play in all road games.

LittleBIt

T.O. is his own worst enemy. He thinks too much of himself and acts the fool and thats why he is where he is. He could have had a great career on the Philadelphia Eagles because him and Donovan McNabb were a great Quarterback and Wide Reciever. But T.O. is always gonna be who he is. A spoiled, concieted ex-football star.

SImon

I do NOT watch football but I watched the 'T.O. Show' and from all I saw, which was a lot, T.O. is a good guy who is TOO NICE to those around him! Where did all his money go... To his 'friends' who have NOW ABANDONED him! YEP!

I'm still pulling for him!!!

mike

I know Tommy and He is a A$$.. IFL is a Joke anyhow. Tommy got more out of T.O Playing then not. Not going to a Gig at the Hospital was not the deciding factor. He is Getting More Press for a league that is failing. By this story on TMZ is proof enough. Tommy Your a Moron.

MADE MAN

One thing we all know and that is he's a great athlete!!! It's okay to be confident at your craft but when you're getting paid it's absolutely crazy to think rules don't apply to you!!! Nothing but respect for TO he jet needs to work on his attitude

SImon

I do NOT watch football but I did watch 'The T.O. Show' and what I saw was a thoughtful man who did a lot of soul searching in hopes of being the best person he could be... After watching his reality show, which I started watching after catching a few minutes of him now & then, I realized that he was a good guy who was too NICE to his friends who did nothing but take advantage of him financially!!!

Where are those girls NOW!!!

They certainly let him OVERPAY their a$$!

And those babies mama's drained him DRY!

I hope the best for him!

SImon

OKAY! One comment didn't post and NOW I got TWO up above saying the SAME THING! Deal with it ~ I didn't do it! :-)

Straight Talkin Texan

Pride goes before a fall.

NDNchief

Ahhhh. . . . .t.o.'s downfall is sooo delicious. I LOVE IT. Still farther to fall though. . . .keep going. . . . .

KicksandGiggles

He has always wanted to reach around and kiss his own azz. Now he will have plenty of time to practice.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments