Lindsay Lohan

My Brakes Failed!!!

6/10/2012 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0609_lindsay_lohan_tmz_carLindsay Lohan is now telling friends the brakes on her rented Porsche DIDN'T WORK and that's why she slammed into the back of an 18-wheeler ... TMZ has learned.

As TMZ first reported, in the moments following the accident, Lindsay claimed the semi-truck cut her off ... and that is what caused the accident. The driver of the truck told TMZ that was not the case and has witnesses to back up his tale.

According to our sources, Lindsay is sticking with the "truck cut me off!!!" story, but with a twist ... she claims she slammed on the brakes ... but nothing.  And get this ... somehow Lindsay says she was told the brakes on the rental were replaced two days before the crash.

Lindsay is telling people she feels lucky to be alive, having only suffered cuts and bruises ... no serious injuries.

Considering her driving history, one of these days ... well, let's just say she needs a driver.

0609_lindsay_lohan_crash_gallery

Majestik

Okay, we started out with...
"HE CUT ME OFF"
"He slowed down, I had no breaks and slammed into him"
"I had NO BREAKS, I slammed into his back end."
"I recind my original statement, he wasn't in another lane, moved to another and CUT ME OFF".
He was in front of me, I tried to slow down but my breaks failed me and I slammed into his backend.

I luv u RPattz!

LIAR!

BrAnBa

Gosh, the passanger side of the car is sure smashed. Lucky for Lindsey that she didn´t kill her assistant!

It´s not exactly difficult to spot an 18-wheeler on the road - even if you´re speeding. She must have had her eyes on something else. Come clean, Lindsay, all those lies make it seem like something fishy is going on.

hugh

You TMZ people are so predictable. I just knew you'd post a 1am story about this stupid little jerk. Can't wait for tomorrow, same time, same place.

susan

TMZ you are your 'sources' are crap, you just want to keep this story alive. Why don't you wait until you hear from officials at the Police Department. All parties in this accident have given their statements to the police. Enough with the sourses bull****.

troy

"i wasn't texting and driving, that's not even my blackberry! the 18-wheeler cut me off because i borrowed my friends jeans!"

always some b.s. excuse with her.

janet

Now it's the rental porche break failure? yeah right. Wow, tihis is the new cause of her to crashing into an 18 wheeler and blaming the driver who was already in the right lane and no way could cut Lohan off. She crashed into him.

ZeekOsbourne

FIRECROTCH must say that the brakes failed. That's the easy way out. Sort of like saying when Celebs get treated at a hospital for dehydration means they are up to no good. What a joke, Porsche = Brakes failed. Ummmm...what till the vehicles computer shows the data on how the brakes failed. Driver failed = FIRECROTCH!

dreamon

Is there anyone else who just can't stop laughing as they read this story...and the comments. Isn't this sh*t getting kinda ridiculous now?

ZeekOsbourne

Amazing how the FIRST story from FIRECROTCH was that the 18 Wheeler big rig cut her off! Now, the brakes failed. Get your story straight miss FC!

bluemoon

Hope someone put out the flames shooting out of her pants.

harleyharlett

well breaks don't work unless you stop texting and push down on the pedal

Jordan

What does lindsay pay an assistant for wasn't he suppose to check the break lines.

susan

TMZ your story is nothing but fabrication to prolong the story on this accident. Give it up, your sources are laughable. Lindsay Lohan has already given her statement to the police, both her statement and the drivers statement are consistent. Stop with the ridiculous invention, you only do it for hater hits.

Googie

If that doesn't work, try little green men jumped in front of your car. If that doesn't fly, try a big wave hit your car & pushed you into the trailer. If that doesn't work, try the truth, you are a lying brainless twit.