Lindsay Lohan

My Brakes Failed!!!

6/10/2012 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0609_lindsay_lohan_tmz_carLindsay Lohan is now telling friends the brakes on her rented Porsche DIDN'T WORK and that's why she slammed into the back of an 18-wheeler ... TMZ has learned.

As TMZ first reported, in the moments following the accident, Lindsay claimed the semi-truck cut her off ... and that is what caused the accident. The driver of the truck told TMZ that was not the case and has witnesses to back up his tale.

According to our sources, Lindsay is sticking with the "truck cut me off!!!" story, but with a twist ... she claims she slammed on the brakes ... but nothing.  And get this ... somehow Lindsay says she was told the brakes on the rental were replaced two days before the crash.

Lindsay is telling people she feels lucky to be alive, having only suffered cuts and bruises ... no serious injuries.

Considering her driving history, one of these days ... well, let's just say she needs a driver.

0609_lindsay_lohan_crash_gallery

Previous 15 Comments | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37

BUTTERBEANS

She needs to stop it with the driving and stop it with her side of this because when you hit another car in the rear, its your fault.

Tracy

Nothing is ever poor, put-upon, victimized Lindsey's fault.

jessica

ya they did fail after she failed to push them. she shouldnt have been driving so fast there's witness's saying she was driving in and out of traffic at a high speed. take her license away i dont wanna be on the same road as her.

gerry pong

Yes, and I'm the tooth fairy.

Okiegirl

I don't generally believe ANYTHING that comes from this girl but I do believe there may be some validity to what she is saying. If the brakes were in fact recently changed if you've ever changed brakes on a car you know that if they're not properly bled after the change you can have a temporary brake failure! It's pretty scary but true.

Tom Cruise

Judging by the poll 7% of the people voting are idiots.

RobinD323

If I were the CHP in her case. I'd pull her phone record's, any surveillance camera's, any & all witnesses, and I'd prove once and for all this woman is nothing but a liar. For some unknown reason Lohan has a bad case of Karma after her. She can't stay out of trouble. Harvey, you failed to mention she had a driver following her from the studio. The only problem is, she refused a driver for some unknown reason. (hint..hint..)

RobinD323

I'd believe the TRUCK DRIVER over LiLo any day of the week. My $ is on the truck driver. And that's sad for LiLo.

me

She's such a damn liar that she can't keep her story straight. Lock her sorry ass up for longer than a couple of days or she'll never learn. This bitch thinks she's above the law and will eventually kill someone. And she once again plays the blame game. Now it was the brakes. She's going straight to hell.

Previous 15 Comments | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37