Lindsay Lohan

My Brakes Failed!!!

6/10/2012 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0609_lindsay_lohan_tmz_carLindsay Lohan is now telling friends the brakes on her rented Porsche DIDN'T WORK and that's why she slammed into the back of an 18-wheeler ... TMZ has learned.

As TMZ first reported, in the moments following the accident, Lindsay claimed the semi-truck cut her off ... and that is what caused the accident. The driver of the truck told TMZ that was not the case and has witnesses to back up his tale.

According to our sources, Lindsay is sticking with the "truck cut me off!!!" story, but with a twist ... she claims she slammed on the brakes ... but nothing.  And get this ... somehow Lindsay says she was told the brakes on the rental were replaced two days before the crash.

Lindsay is telling people she feels lucky to be alive, having only suffered cuts and bruises ... no serious injuries.

Considering her driving history, one of these days ... well, let's just say she needs a driver.

0609_lindsay_lohan_crash_gallery

FLO

The dog ate the brakes?

esq777

Let's see. I've been driving for 30 years. Driven countless types of cars, owned and rented. Brakes have failed, well, never. I guess I'm lucky I never rented a Porsche. What a joke. What's next, "the sun blinded me"?

Coyote

you wrote that her 'breaks' failed.
are you retarded ??
the mechanism used to slow and/or stop a vehicle are the BRAKES.
that kind of stupidity is really inexcusable.

ok

It's "brakes", not "breaks".
Lindsey will lose all her "breaks" if she doesn't put the "brakes" on all her misadventures!!!

LRT

Which is it? First you said it was the truckers fault and he was a LIAR...now your brakes failed? Whose the liar here?

Selden83

Well that didnt take long for her to change her story.

jr.d

Other excuses from Liar Lowhand:
I couldn't find the "send" key.
I was putting my makeup on.
I am just inept.
The world owes me.
Dawn Holland put him up to it.
He just wants fame and fortune.
The REAL excuse:
My dad raised me to have no morals nor values.

lisa

All they have to do is a mechanical inspection of the car to rule out the brakes failing.

magmax

Some of the supporters/fans, like Susan, Mr. Bojangles and Messenger, are stunningly stupid and should not be allowed to vote or breed.

ilovegossip

Based on Larry Thompson's statements in this article, I'd say Lindsay was late getting to set. He said that they were shooting primarily outdoor day shots, and that Lindsay takes 2 hours to get her makeup done (me thinks they should have taken 3 hours, since she looks nothing like Liz, still!). If she was getting there after noon, and still had 2 hours to do makeup, that would only leave a couple of hours of shooting time. He also said they had to cancel all shooting of daytime scenes for the day. Here's the article:

‘Liz & Dick’ Producer “Petrified” By Lindsay Lohan’s Car Accident, Says She Was Not Supposed To Drive

Around 4:30 PM today, hours after her call time, Lindsay Lohan finally made it to the set of her Lifetime movie Liz & Dick following a detour to the hospital for an evaluation after the car she was driving to work crashed into a 18-wheeler. “She is shaken but not stirred,” Liz & Dick executive producer Larry A. Thompson said from the set of the movie in Malibu. “She wants to work, we are sending her to makeup hoping to resume production and get as much as we can done.” Scheduled for today were exterior scenes, most of them with Lohan, who plays Elizabeth Taylor in the film about the movie icon’s romance with Richard Burton. The few scenes without her were shot and filming was suspended while producers were trying to get information on Lohan’s condition. Because Lohan needs about two hours of makeup to transform herself into Taylor, the planned daytime scenes with her have been scrapped, with the producers and the director trying to film some nighttime scenes instead. “It’s a jigsaw puzzle,” Thompson said. But despite the crew’s best efforts, “there will be a production loss today, we are just trying to minimize the loss.” As his company, Larry A. Thompson Prods., is producing the movie, Thompson has been in touch with his insurance broker to figure out if the loss will be covered.

The question on everyone’s mind after the accident is how Lohan, who has had her fair share of brushes with the law, was allowed to get behind the wheel while going to work. That was not supposed to happen, Thompson said, noting that the production provides a limousine to drive the actress to and from the set of the movie every day. “When they went to pick her up today, for some reason she decided they (Lohan and her assistant) would get in her own car, so the limousine driver followed them.”

The accident came only four days into filming on Liz & Dick, not a very encouraging sign given Lohan’s troubled past. “I was nervous before the movie started, now I’m just petrified,” Thompson said. He added that he is relieved now after seeing Lohan but the first hour after the accident when nobody knew whether she was OK was pretty scary. “I was telling someone: Lindsay went to the doctor, and I should go see a psychiatrist.”

Squatting Thunder

This broad couldn't drive a Big Wheel through an empty parking lot without having an accident

Zephyr, Enemy of #LittleWhores

Let's not forget how it all started for Lohan:

FLUX

Well, which is it?
The driver cut me off, my breaks failed or the driver is lying about everything?
Try, it wasn't me it was someone who looks like me and stole my (rental) car. I'm certain the judge will believe any lie told by such a famous person.

Truth

OH STFU ALREADY. YEP, BRAKES ONLY FAIL WHEN LESLO IS DRIVING... AT 120 MPH BEHIND AN 18 WHEELER GOING AT 40 MPH ALONG THE PCH. OBVIOUSLY, ALL THE ALCOHOL AND CRACK THE BITCH HAS BEEN DOING OVER THE YEARS HAS IMPAIRED HER LAME SIGHT-DISTANCE JUDGEMENT. #EPICFAIL #TRUTH!!

Squatting Thunder

I wish Johnny Cochrane was here to defend her.
"Your Honor if she has big tits you must acquit."