U.S. Commerce Secretary

Suffers Seizure

After Alleged Hit-and-Run

6/11/2012 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0611_john_bryson_article
U.S Commerce Secretary John Bryson reportedly suffered a seizure in L.A. Saturday after smashing his Lexus into another car -- and fleeing the scene.

According to reports, Bryson then hit a SECOND car near the scene of the first accident -- and was found soon after, unconscious behind the wheel. It's unclear exactly when Bryson suffered the seizure, before or after the second accident.

68-year-old Bryson was transported to a nearby hospital, where he was treated and released Sunday.

Bryson has been cited for hit-and-run in connection with the first accident. The case hasn't been sent to the D.A. yet, so it's unclear if he'll be prosecuted.

Cops say drugs or alcohol do not appear to have been a factor. Only minor injuries were reported in the car accidents.

Pudding Tang

a case of a drunken induced seizure

Bridget

TMZ you probibly should have added the cops said he WAS NOT DRINKING and they did not suspect drugs.

Sin D

B...T....W.....When did TMZ's page become HALF ADVERTS? Lame move

Squatting Thunder

HEY I don't read TMZ to get REAL news I watch Jon Stewart and Colbert for trhat

DJo

Uh Oh! I got caught. I need a good story!

obama'saracist

Chappaquiddick kennedy cover up bs this guy wasnt properly check for booze like you or I our government is covering this **** up

Jackazz flatts

That why the bum works for The first foodstamp president

hahaha

Maybe he graduated from the Lindsay Lohan driving school.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Are you sure he wasn't exhausted and dehydrated? It's an epidemic you know.

el

Whatever the cause or the exact location of this incident, I say blame it on the lunacy of widening the 405 Freeway...

Commerce in L.A. does not look appealing.

MIKE

are you sure LI LO was not there?

Youphemism

One of the reasons it's against the law to leave the scene of an accident is that it makes it extremely unlikely to determine whether or not the driver was under the influence.

Kudos to the LAPD's Psychic Detectives Unit on its ability to use their psionic powers to tell us what actually happened.

I'm sure they'd be just as forthcoming with that proclamation of innocence if it were you or I, and not some high falutin' governmental mucky-muck.

bankoftheplanetearthdotcom

says a case of paranoia for violating the 'shall pass no law inhibiting the obligations of contracts' (clause) - Heiz meion debtor-slave NOW (as opposed to NWO).

whatwebecome

The problem is he's a Lexus driver. Anyone who drives a Lexus instantly becomes stupid. The same effect the Iphone has on people...

Cricket

I'm not sure about this. I've read articles from several news outlets and few make logical sense. I don't understand why so many high-profile people think they can get away with leaving accident scenes. I guess because they'll be let off the hook anyway. Geez.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments