"Moesha" Star Yvette Wilson

Dead at 48

6/15/2012 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0615_Yvette_Wilson_gettyYvette Wilson, one of the stars of "Moesha" ... died at the age of 48 yesterday after battling cervical cancer, TMZ has confirmed.

Wilson, played Moesha's friend Andell Wilkerson through 5 seasons of the hit show -- and she played the same role in the spinoff "The Parkers."

Wilson's cancer was Stage 4 when she passed away.

Her "Moesha" co-star Shar Jackson tweeted, "F*ck Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh God. My heart is soooo unbelievably broken. I wanna thank all my tweeties for their prayers but God has chosen to take my sister Yvette home."

Mindy

They claim this cancer if caught early is "curable" yet another young woman has passed from it. My mom was 45 when she passed from the same thing. We need more awareness. And women ALL women please get your annuals done. Dont put it off, please!

bubblezzz

Blessings to her family and friends...She will be missed...RIP

Willy

Who cares.

In other news Chris Brown got his @ss whooped HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Vinny's mom

RIP Yvette. Please ladies get your pap smears. I am not saying she did not but I had a friend die at 39 after being diagnosed with cervical cancer at 37. She had not had a pap smear in 8 years and it was too late when she finally went to the Dr. So please for yourself and your friends and family, have yearly check ups. Prayers to Yvette's family.

Mz,Lady

RIP Andell! I really dislike when people curse then in the same sentence have the nerves to use God!

Mz,Lady

RIP *Andell
I really dislike when people curse then in the same sentence have the nerve to use GOD's name!

LOVELIFE

I ALWAYS LIKED HER SIP

dd

Damn...so sorry.

James

...very sad. I thought she was a great personality.

LadyN

So young. RIP, Yvette. Just a side note. Why did TMZ feel it was necessary to state that her cancer was at stage 4 when she died? Generally when you die of cancer, it is at stage 4 or you don't die. It is still treatable. But anyway, I am so sorry for her family and friends.

Nitz Margallo

I can't believe this, she's a funny girl I love her at the Parkers

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Man, I really liked her. RIP sweetheart.

kiwi sweet cakes

:(( :(( :(( dis iz so sad i love her so much yvette hunny u gone but never will be forgotten you just joining da rest of da famous ppl up there tell them all we love and miss them dearly(dont ever ever ever ever ever come by here again...in friday) kmsl you will be missed...god was ready to take his angel home,for he looked down and said ur work here iz done ma good and faithful servent :-*

Precious

RIP Yvette

LANZOH

Who else feels, "dead", sounds cold and harsh. TMZ always posts, "So and So DEAD at...", it reads better if it's "So and so dies at..."... Just something i've noticed.

RIP Ms Wilson.