« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chris Webber

King Size Tax Lien

6/17/2012 5:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0615_chris_webber_getty
Chris Webber
has run out of timeouts with the State of California and now they've filed a six-figure tax lien against the five-time NBA all-star ... TMZ has learned.

According to documents filed by the California Employment Development Office, CWebb owes the state for unpaid taxes from the last few months of 2008 and all of 2009. The initial amount was for $81,427.36, but with $25,874.56 in penalties and $11,629.05 in interest ... the former Sacrament King now owes $118,930.97.

Calls to Webber's reps were not returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

amazinglybored

That's not a high amount for what TMZ usually reports for tax liens. Why do I know this?

cobrazombie

Are we going to hear about celebs who owe $50 bucks next?

Kobe_No_Means_No

I feel bad because there are so few comments.

Oh wow, he owes so much tax. Thanks for the news TMZ.

FresnoBullpup

I had to lol at the first sentence. Not sure if you even realized why it's so funny, but if you did, it's a brilliant opening line. (for those who don't know, Webber is famous for blowing a timeout call when he was in college).

parlayer

Depth perception on the court don't mean he's got it in finances!!

clavel

thats crazy

I made $170 in my sleep see how you can to

Jahbeezy

$118,000, really? that is not a lot of money. Typical athletes overlooking one of his bills. I'm sure that'll be paid quickly.. Now pacman Jones 11 million debt is reason to go into hiding.

Carla628

Why ppl that make serious money dont want to pay what they owe. If you were back broke and busted you would be crying about what you dont have. Be appreciative. pay your debts.

KicksandGiggles

Well I guess my po' azz thinks $118K is a heck of alot to owe anybody - of course w/penalties, interest, just because fees, etc it will be $200K by end of the week. My question is..... these morons will quickly drop $100K on a car, why can't they simply pay their taxes??

john wayne gacy

from the moment they rise from the hood as ballers, they did not pay then and they do not want to pay now; the hood rat mentality ever changes ....

Chuck

His reps can't return your call. A) He can't afford reps and B) I'm guessing he can't pay his phone bill either.

ShonInDetroit

Come on TMZ...118K is not enough to print about if you C.Webber ~~~ HE GOT THAT!!!

Mike

C'mon now! Chris Webber total NBA contracts combine is $178 million for his whole career! You think this maybe a little far fetched that he anything near broke.