Jack Osbourne

I Have Multiple Sclerosis

6/18/2012 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0617_jack_osbourne_gettyJack Osbourne has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, the former "Osbournes" star has revealed.

Osbourne tells PEOPLE he learned the news last month ... just two weeks after the birth of his daughter, Pearl Clementine.

Jack tells the mag, "I was just angry and frustrated and kept thinking, 'Why now?' I've got a family and that's what's supposed to be the most important thing."

MS affects the central nervous system, including the brain and spinal cord, causing problems with muscle control and strength as well as vision and balance.

judi

Good luck Jack. You are so lucking to have the family to stand behind you at this time. Don't let it slow you down and take good care of yourself.

phoebe

Wow! poor Jack.

two cents

That sucks. What a lousy break, just when he finally cleaned up his act and started his life.

Delaware D

bummer. Do they still do the MS Read-A-Thon in schools? That was really popular in my day.

Chris

I know, it is a bit$& to get that news I got it too in my 29th year..... but I refused it and I, in my mind I just absolutely refused to accept it. I was too young and young family and all like you Jack... I just refused to allow it to take me down...it did last about a month but each day I said NO NO NO...and not in angry way Jack but in a positive that I was getting out of it and no matter what I wouldn't let it get me....fight Jack, fight it and never accept it. I still have it obviously and time to time I get dizzy and such things but not often enough to let it phase me.. I walk fine, absolutely normal, I run the same my vision deteriorated a little bit but all fo all if this is the worst I'm gonna get, then it's a win for me.. JUST FIGHT IN YOUR MIND JACK...NO NO NO IT WON'T TAKE ME OUT LIKE IT DID OTHERS.. I WILL WIN...YOU WILL BEAT IT JACK..AND DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE THAT SAYS IT CAN'T BE BEATEN... I BEAT IT and without drugs... alot of metal workouts but I did beat it and that was in 1996..... It will not take me out....ALSO JACK, STRETCH every part of your body...it helps in the beginning...PLUS imagine your spinal cord ehaling itself...they say its the "plaques that are coming off the cord...mentaly wrapo your spinal cord with skin or anything that you can think if that will hold the plaques in place and cover the exposed area where they came off.....that worked wonders for me....do it constantly and consistently Jack...fix your spinal cord in your mind.......NO NO NO NO. Good Luck you can beat it too Jack.

J_T_WV

Any chance that Jack has MS because his parents genes were affected by their drug & alcholic lifestyles? Sorry for your sad news. Hopefully, you will be able to manage it. Check with Montel Williams. Hes been living with it for many years. Dont give up hope.

Cheryl A.

WOW! Take care of yourself for you AND your family. Best of luck to you in this fight.

Brandie

First, you do not get MS from having parents that drank or did drugs. People who think this, are not very educated. I was diagnosed with MS at 31. It is a daily struggle, but you just adjust your life style. I decided long ago, that MS is something I have, not who I am. I went on to earn a Masters degree and I live a full life. I have a family, have traveled the world and I am grateful for everyday of good health. I personally believe that having a positive mental attitude, along with good medical care, is the key. Follow the doctors orders and you will be fine Jack.

Jeff Portlance

Jack, as a person that has had MS for 17 years now, 1st thing to do is to get on a disease modify drug. MS IS NOT the end of anything. I work full time, I'm still walking ( shorter distances and for less time ) I'm now 47, have raised my daugher, will be a proud grandfather in Sept. For me, It's all in the attitude and for godsake, keep exercizing. Positive attitude goes along way.

barnyardhumor

Coming from a family like the Osbournes I give Jack special credit for cleaning up his act and wish only the best. Notice how pimpmama Sharon, like Kris Jenner, is in there for all the publicity she can get - mother of the year she ain't.

Sin D

You will be OK Jack ! Things will work...you are a strong dude !

Michelle

I'm sorry to hear that, but there are new studies and new therapies almost daily. Please don't give up. If we all keep looking for an answer we can end MS!

cjs

You beat drugs and settled down and have a child, now this.. well you live like there is no tomorrow enjoy every precious moment with your child and don't obsess about it.

At least you know what you are dealing with.

dd

Sorry Jack.

Debbie

Sorry about your news. I have a couple of friends with MS and with diet and exercise, they are doing fine. Read Montel William's books and how he's been dealing with this for many, many years and still going strong.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments