Jack Osbourne

I Have Multiple Sclerosis

6/18/2012 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0617_jack_osbourne_gettyJack Osbourne has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, the former "Osbournes" star has revealed.

Osbourne tells PEOPLE he learned the news last month ... just two weeks after the birth of his daughter, Pearl Clementine.

Jack tells the mag, "I was just angry and frustrated and kept thinking, 'Why now?' I've got a family and that's what's supposed to be the most important thing."

MS affects the central nervous system, including the brain and spinal cord, causing problems with muscle control and strength as well as vision and balance.

Joybubble55

Keep your chin up.... U have plenty of family support... Thank God.....

DaveT

Sorry to hear it, not a fan much of Sharon but that's another story, I like Jack, think he'll be a great dad, and even with MS, though it's a tough struggle, I think he'll still be an important presence in the lives of his family and friends.

LCS27

His father survived at anything possible of killing and the poor son has MS? what a hell!

lilgrandma

So sorry Mr.Jack Osbourne.You n ur family are in my prayers today n everyday!!Let ppl talk cuz they make out to drama:( cuz that's what ppl love to see and it's so sad:((Right now you should have some RESPECT n that's it!!!Stop n see just how much they are suffering they don't need this CRAP!!!What happen to the sweet n nice ppl anymore!!!

Diane

Our Thoughts & Prayers are with you Jack. You have a wonderful loving family that will always be by your side, Chin up, keep your courage

Den

Sorry for his diagnosis but MS is not so shocking. There are many people who have it, many celebrities. The best thing about his diagnosis is that he has the money to treat it to the full extent. There are those of us who suffer from it who can barely afford to treat it. He is one of the lucky ones.
Mentally, if you let it, it will tear you up. The worst part is getting to a definitive diagnosis. That has been my problem. I have had three doctors over a three year period, test after test, lost most of my vision and still no treatment because until there is a complete agreement and definitive diagnosis the insurance company that I pay all that money to won't treat. Oh, and because of the limbo I am in and loss of vision, I can't do my job which puts me on disability, a real punch in the gut. So, he is lucky and can afford the treatments that will allow him to lead a good life with little episodes to knock him down.
Good luck with it though.. :)

donna

He should get the libration treatment, I did wonders for my father. He feels 100% better- he is eating, warmth in his hands and feet. Well worth the $7000!

cosmonielsen

I've been recently diagnosed with MS and it's not a happy time but now after reading a lot, I'm wondering if what I have isn't Lyme disease instead which presents most of the symptoms that MS does but often isn't tested for.
Take heart that it might not be MS but possibly Lyme disease instead - a disease that can be treated with a longterm course of antibiotics. I know it's longshot but could be worth it.
For symptoms check Dr. E. Murakami Centre for Lyme

MadCharles

Good luck. Live one day at a time.

PeninaD

Once Ozzy was diagnosed with MS, but then it was discovered that he inherited Parkin's Syndrome (neurological tremors) from his mother's side of the family. I hope that Jack's doctors were informed of this, and really ruled it out. In any case, interesting that neurologic based issues cropped up in the next generation...Ozzy's genes were mapped, perhaps Jack's should be too. The research might prove to have some medical and scientific value for others.

Caroline

Love and support to Jack and his family. My dad came down with something called guillian barre syndrome 12 years ago. It's like MS, but it works from the extremities inward. He still has bad days, but he still lives a VERY full life.

Roxy

MS in not genetic. However, other autoimmune conditions are, like Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) My father passed the gene to my brother and myself. However, we're only half-sibings. Most of us who have MS have another autoimmune condition. I hope Jack has a less aggressive kind of MS. I was diagnosed in 2008, at the age of 32. I can't walk without aid, I'm usually in a lot of pain, and not to mention fatigue. Of course, I have a very aggressive type of MS. Jack is fit, seems to have a lot of drive and, let's face it, his money will be able to provide him with the best care and medication. If he still has a UK passport, he could even be able to try the new protocols in Scotland. I wish him the best, I would never wish the agony I'm in to even my worst enemy. I still have to have the best attitude possible, but I know I'm a burden to my husband, and I hate it. I wish Jack the absolute best, I can't think of a stronger, fitter MS advocate.

Fat Mike

She'll be right mate. Hope to see you on 8 Out Of 10 again soon, I love it when you're on.

BeckyMiller

MS is caused by long-term low level exposure to methanol. See whilesciencesleeps.com for more information. To go into remission, give up the following: smoking, aspartame, chewing gum (almost all contain aspartame), tomatoes (unless cooked uncovered for 3 hours before serving), home- or commercially-canned fruits and vegetables, and packaged or bottled fruit and vegetable juices.

BatMan

That is Karma for your father bite ing off Bat heads dirty old ****!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments