Don Grady

'My Three Sons' Star

Dead at 68

6/27/2012 5:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0627_don_grady_01
Don Grady -- who played one of the sons on the TV classic, "My Three Sons" -- has died at the age of 68 ... this according to one of his co-stars.

"Sons" star Barry Livingston just posted on Facebook, "My dear friend and TV brother Don Grady passed away today. He was an inspiration to me in so many ways."

Grady had reportedly been suffering from cancer.

Grady was an original Mouseketeer on the "Mickey Mouse Club"  ... before going on to play the role of  Robbie Douglas on "My Three Sons" from 1960 to 1972.

Grady was also a pretty successful musician ... he's credited with writing the music for the Ellen Barkin movie "Switch" ... and the theme song for "The Phil Donahue Show."

Grady is survived by his wife Ginny and their two children.

0627_don_grady_remembering_footer_v2

nof

Like to see them update the show.

Re-cast it.

Making it timely and lively...

One of the sons is Bipolar, has a break-down...

-A second turns out to be gay, bi or tri.

-The third runs away to join a cult.

Fred McMurray hitting the bottle...

McMurray had a devious side way more interesting than his sit-com turn:

"Double Indemnity."

Then they bring Barry Livingston in?

As either a juvenile delinquent or a petty thieve.

Have you ever had a close family member that was a thief, say, a mother?

I did.

Hadda bolt everything down - hide change, etc.

raven

wow, i must be getting old! he was my fav on the show...so cute...RIP

Cam

No mention that he was predeceased by his sister Lani O'Grady, of Eight is Enough fame.

Maileeann

He was my first "older man" crush when I was a kid.. He was so talented and was still in the biz making music behind the scenes.
May he RIP. I just hope that the paps leave his family alone.

steve e.

He was a good soul unlike Nora Ephron.

moxie

Rest in peace, Don.

Whiteoak

RIP Robby (Don).

moo

I LOVED this show.... I remember the shoes tapping.... the tune..... wow, RIP!

Caryn Grady

My Uncle was an amazing actor, father and Husband, Love to my Aunt Ginny and Cousins Joey and Tessa. This is an unbearable loss.

TJM

The Agrati's were very talented and both died way too soon...RIP Don and Lani..

Scotty

This is such sad news! I loved this guy! He was really good guy! RIP DG you will be missed!

Best Mom

Such sad news - I grew up watching My 3 Sons - always liked "Robbie" the best - and he was a real cutie! Just another reminder that good, clean, wholesome shows like My 3 Sons are a thing of the past. May he rest in peace.

Big Boy Pants

Loved that show and damn, 68 is just too young. RIP.

Cheryl A.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Don. You were a nice man on and off stage. Rare nowdays. Thank you for the many, many hours of entertainment.

CountryGal

RIP!! I used to watch My Three Sons all the time, along with the Donna Reed Show and Leave It To Beaver etc.. Shows the whole family can watch without any embarrassing scenes in them or cursing. The stuff out today is disgusting.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments