Ann Curry

Hard Feelings

Toward Matt

6/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062812_ann_curry_matt_al_today_launch
As Ann Curry said when she said her goodbyes on "Today" ... she wears her heart on her sleeve, so she made it pretty clear there's no love lost between her and Matt Lauer.

TMZ broke the story ... when Matt renegotiated his contract recently with NBC ... he made it clear he did not want Ann as his co-anchor.

So watch the video as Matt says the obligatory nice things about Ann at the end of today's show -- she does everything she can to not look at him. Compare that to her reaction to Al Roker and Natalie Morales, both of whom she looks squarely in the eye with affection.

And then Matt goes in for the kiss and Ann refuses to turn toward him. She embraces Al -- her good friend -- and Natalie, whom she calls a sister.

No doubt Ann has hard feelings, especially since NBC strung this out for months, making her a joke.

And, by the way, it was also telling that NBC didn't have Ann pass the torch to Savannah Guthrie, who was sitting off camera.

The folks at GMA have gotta be loving this.

cis

Poor Ann :( I like her, why didn't they fire Matt Lauer instead? I'm gonna miss my good mornings.

Liz

I never like Ann even when she gave the morning news. She's just not a good interviewer making people uncomfortable and talking over them. I also don't like that egomaniac, Matt, and the weatherman. The show has become a joke full of biased individuals.

alex

i think matt is just a glorified weather man... or was it a tie salesman?

Dondee

Have not watched Today Show in years and mostly due to Lauer. Definitely will never watch again now. I think what happened to Ann Curry is despicable.

Rustie

Hello GMA. Will no longer be watching. I agree, get rid of Matt Lauer.

Tamra

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Matt is the king of d-bags.

Maverick

She should take responsibility for her own inadequacy.

Ann was a bad fit for the main co-host. Just an awkward personality, but a decent-enough journalist. She should have stuck to what she is good at, hard news.

zelda

Way to take the high road Ann. Matt, you are a jerk.

charley

Matt Lauer is an egotistical azzhole...The only interesting thing about this phker is watching the bastard lose his hair.........hes pretty disgusting human being and so phony.....!

Straight Talkin Texan

I don't know WTF happened behind the scenes with these people, but Curry seems like a really good woman, and I enjoyed watching her, actually more than Guthrie. So I have to wonder what the REAL deal is. However, Lauer is a man, and based on my dealings with the male jerks in this world, I suspect HE is the problem.

charley

Savannah Guthrie this bitch better be on her toes..........Remember Deborah Norville was brought in to replace Jane Pauly.....and that bitch got phkd in the azz by NBC also...So Savannah Guthrie better prove herself or Matt will blame her for the ratings drop that The Today Show will suffer from!

The Hard Truth

Listen she seemed like a nice lady but she stammered thru very interview and constantly seemed unprepared.. This is the BIG LEAGUES, I'm sorry.. She was not good enough to sit next to Matt and greet the country.. Either am I for that matter.. The 16 year run was over and the ship was taking major water.. She had to go..

John

What goes around comes around Matt. Bad karma.
Soon we'll be saying "Where in the world is Matt?"

JOHN

WHO GIVES FU``K EITHER, WAY, GROSSLY, OVER PAYED , TALKING HEADS,{ some with no hair to boot} WOULD`N`T BE ABLE, TO GET A JOB AT WALL MART, IF THEY LOST THOSE GIGS, CRY ME A FU``KING RIVER! WATCH FOR HER IN THE FOOD BANK LINE UP < SH`t!!!!!

Fat Mike