Andy Griffith

Already Buried

7/3/2012 12:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0703_andy_griffith_3
Andy Griffith
only passed away a few hours ago -- but TMZ has learned, the Hollywood icon has already been buried.

A rep for Twiford Funeral Homes in Manteo, North Carolina tells us, Andy was buried at 11:30 AM on his family farm on Roanoke Island. We're told Andy had previously requested to be buried immediately after his death ... so that's why it all happened so fast.

We made calls to find out if Andy was embalmed. No one was talking, but we're told it's legal in North Carolina to bury people without embalming them.

We're told Andy's burial followed a small, private service with close friends and family in attendance.

Andy was 86.

nof

Additional Harvey plaudits:

When actual, real-life Zombies heard?

-That Harvey'd signed-on and to STAR in:

"Dawn Of The Dead 12" ??

-They pulled OUT of the picture.

Citing safety issues.

LANZOH

"We made calls to find out if Andy was embalmed", while regular folk were making calls to pass their condolences...SMH @ TMZ

parlayer

good the deeper the better, friggin jerk. obozo spoksman lacky.

nof

A candid photo of Andy Griffith in repose?

Spittle/drool coming out of the left corner of Andy's mouth?

-Fetched 300 grand at a recent Radar-Online auction.

Harvey said no-way to matching that offer.

As he has the actual DNA involved -

The legitimate spit.

"And, chromosomally, I can PROVE it,"
Harvey bragged this a.m. on the Fox morning show.

-Even Steve Edwards was impressed.

luckycat

suicide-gun likley

RobN

Why would anybody even care enough to make phone calls to inquire about whether he was embalmed? What possible difference could it make to anybody?

nof

What should be worth more...

In/on the open-Pap-market...

A picture of spit -

Or the spit itself ...

Practically a toss-up...

-YOU decide.

StarFleetVeteran

Who gives a **** if he was embalmed. None of your damn business, show some respect for the man and his family.

jeanettewn

R.I.P. My love and prays goes out to the family and friends. I watched you for many yrs and still love to watch you til this day. Love that country voice. You will truly be miss. God bless.

Butterfly

AFTER WE HEARD THE NEWS of Andy Griffith's death and expressed our condolences , I became homesick for Asheville N. C. even though I am a New England Yankee. Andy loved North Carolina and so did I. A few years after my husband passed away from cancer, I left the magnificent mountains of western N. C. for God Forsaken Florida. Big mistake! Hoping to return as soon as possible! Nothing like looking out the windows at he majestic mountains with azaleas and rhododendrons growing wild in the woods. Absolutely. magnificent!. If some of you have not visited, you, must!!! Thanks for letting me say it!

azlee

We wanted to do this with my dad. The native american style that he had lived with for so long. Although he passed away when he was too far to do it. Had military rights, so that was good. Bye Andy.

al baby

He was an avid cross dresser and it is well know he was buried in one of Aunt Bees bra and panties and that lovely bed jacket

Italia

You'd think they'd want to be absolutely sure the guy is really "dead" first. There have been folks who woke up after being in the morgue for 2 days. I think the quickest anybody's been burried is 3 days. Wow!

john johnson

r.i.p.friend

dierdre

Andy Griffith was truly a kind, sincere, gentleman. He will sorely be missed. For an actor in Hollywood, he certainly was a rarety.... He was never standoffish like some actors are today. may he R.I.P. and my sincerest condolences to his family. I'm happy he lived a long life. R.I.P.