Andy Griffith Death Certificate

Actor Suffered Heart Attack

7/5/2012 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0705_andy_griffith_article
Andy Griffith passed away from a heart attack he suffered roughly 24 hours before his death ... so says the actor's death certificate.

According to the document, filed in Dare County, North Carolina and obtained by the AP, the 86-year-old Hollywood legend died Tuesday at 7:00 AM.

The document shows Griffith suffered a variety of illnesses for years ... including coronary artery disease, hypertension and hyperlipidemia.

As we previously reported, Griffith was buried in his family cemetery in N.C. just hours after he passed away.

0705_remembering_andy_griffith_footer

Timmy Boy

I hope they made sure he was completely dead before they buried him.

KnuckleDragger

Thank you TMZ for reporting that Andy's still dead.

itsnoise

RIP Sheriff Andy Taylor. I miss watching your shows as a child.

writenow

Not exactly died in his sleep as originally reported. But why the super fast burial?

nof

I'm going to ask the same lingering question intially posted by TMZ:

Was he embalmed.

Yes or no - don't complicate things.

Can he float or can he not float.

Ace

Nothing wrong with making it to 86. If my liver holds out I might make it? Enjoy your journey Andy.

nof

I'd like an artist's rendition of Harvey Levin at 86, please.

An embalmed rendition.

And a beach pose.

Thanks for always being there for me, TMZ.

Cheryl A.

Hyperlipidemia is not a disease, it means you have a fatty liver. Not fatal. (I am an R.N.)

somewhere in Texas

Loved all of his shows. A great man.

somewhere in Texas

He may or may not have been imbalmed, his state doesn't require it and it was his wish that he be buried as soon os possible, from what I have read.

Tracker

test

Rich

Bless you my friend. You have been a major influence in my life...love far "out runs" hate. Rest in Peace.

gp

he was a nasty old man who abused kids on his shows.
pig

gp

the old goat abused all on his sets and I notice Ron is not making any statment. bet he is glad the old ****er is gone...

MARVA D.

I HAVE HAD A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH SCIENTOLOGY. RON L. HUBBARD'S BOOK AND COURSES OF THE SCIENTOLOGY. MY SPOUCE AT THE TIME YEARS AGO, AND I WERE SEARCHING HELP FOR COUNCILING, AND HE FOUND OUT ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY LETS TRY. WELL LOW AND BEHOLD TO LEARN ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO SHOW EMOTIONS, APATHY, SYMPATHY,ETC... THEY WERE BRAINWASHING US INTO BEING A ROBOT. THE ONLY GOOD THING WAS POSITIVE THINKING. THAT WAS IT EVERYTHING ELSE WAS HAVING NO EMOTIONS TO ANYTHING!! THEY WANTED US TO PAY OVER $3,000 + A YEAR FOR COUNCILING 2 X'S A MONTH FOR ONE HOUR EACH SESSION. AFTER DOING THE RESEARCH OF ALL THIS BY READING THE RON L/ HUBBARD BOOK ETC..., I SAID NO WAY!! THIS IS TOO MUCH OF BRAINWASHING TYPE METHODS . I CAN'T HAVE FEELINGS FOR A BEST FRIENDS MOTHER OR FATHER, OR SISTER OR BROTHER WHO PASSES ON???
I'M A HUMAN BEING. WITH A HEART AND SOUL.
I'LL BACK KATIE HOLMS UP ALL THE WAYFOR HER RIGHTS AS A MOTHER NOT TO HAVE TO PUT HER CHILD THROUGH THIS TYPE OF BRAINWASHING METHODS. YOU GO KATIE KUDOS TO YOU. STICK TO YOUR GUNS GIRL.
NEED ANYONE TO GO TO COURT , I SURE WILL AND TELL THEM MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE SCIENTOLOGY. GOOD LUCK . IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEONE EXPOSES THEM..I'M VERY PROUD OF YOU.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments