Bieber Sued for $9 Mil

Screaming Fans

Destroyed My Ears!!

7/13/2012 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_justin_bieber_document_launchJustin Bieber's live show is painful to listen to ... so says an Oregon woman who claims she was hit with a "sound blast" at one of his concerts that  left her with permanent ear damage.

According to the suit, Stacey Wilson Betts took her daughter to see Bieber's show in Portland, Oregon on July 14, 2010.

Betts claims it was incredibly loud inside the arena thanks to Justin's shrieking fans ... but Bieber made it MUCH MUCH WORSE when he climbed into a "heart-shaped aluminum/steel gondola" which was pulled out into the crowd (below).

In the suit, Betts claims Bieber "created a wave like effect of screaming by pointing into various sections of the arena. Then enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion."

Betts says the gondola acted as a "sound conductor creating a sound blast that permanently damaged both of my ears."

As a result, Betts claims she now suffers from tinnitus ... which causes a constant pulsing, whooshing shound that makes it hard to sleep. She also complains of other hearing-related damage.

She's suing Bieber -- along with Bieb's record label, the concert promoter and the arena -- and demanding $9.23 million in damages.

We reached out to Bieber for comment -- so far, no word back.

kathy

So, this happened two years ago, and she is only suing now! Sounds like a real legit lawsuit!! lol.. I hope the judge laughs her ass right out of court! She only wants money, she must have just found out that Justin is the 2nd highest earning celebrity under 30 on the Forbes list! I just cant stop laughing at this, if it was too loud, and u didnt have earplugs, thats when you use your two index fingers and stick them in your ear! What a joke!

dawn

OMG........EVERY concert is like this.. Was she not a young girl once screaming at a live show??? Give me a break. Just took my daughter to 1D..should I be sueing as well? WEAR EAR BUDS!

Tracy

What's wrong with leather skin for a car? Keep it moisturized it acts like the skin it is original was..... remember leather is from hide, animal SKIN.

Jude

This rates right up there with McDonald's being sued for serving hot coffee! Any judge that lets this go forward needs to be removed from the bench!

OvenChicken

In other news, if you go to a grocery store there will be a produce section.

What some people will do to try and get some easy money just blows my mind. I hope Bieber's lawyers chew her up and spit her out.

anonymous

good luck getting that money. She chose to stay at the show and put herself in that situation. LOL

jimi

there are these thinks called ear plugs.....

SYLVI212

I can't stand Bieber but this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I hope the judge tosses the lawsuit and refuses to allow it to go to trial. I work in the legal profession and I am AMAZED a lawyer took this case. Yes, I know, they too will do anything for money and recognition but taking a case like this is completely humiliating--I don't even know first year lawyers that would waste their time with a case like this, and believe me, I've seen some ignorant, stupid and downright BS law suits filed. They are hoping for a settlement, I'm sure, thinking they will get at least something out of it. I hope Bieber stands firm, just like he did with the pregnancy suit. Frivolous isn't even the word for this one.

MP

These frivolous lawsuits have to stop. I hope a judge makes this woman pay all court costs and Mr. Bieber's attorney fees.

Paul

I hope the FBI investages this as an extortion because lawsuits such as this is helping crash the United States.

MarieK82

What a fund broad. When you go to a concert that will happen. People will say anything to get rich. She probably already had bad ears to begin with.

aerosmith1

Even though I hate Justin, I say it's her own damn fault. Wear ear-plugs next time, they work and they improve the quality.

Connie

That's funny how there are thousands of fans at the concert and she is the only affected by it. If her ears are that sensitive maybe she needs a veterinarian not a doctor.

Liz

2 years after it happened and she needs over 9 million dollars because of this? i guess she has suffered from brain damage too.

Don't go to a bieber concert if you want quiet time.

Joan K