Sage Stallone

Case Transferred to

Robbery Homicide

7/16/2012 10:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0716_homicide_sage_01
The death of Sage Stallone -- Sly's son -- is now in the hands of LAPD Robbery Homicide detectives ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told the move in no way suggests foul play. Robbery Homicide handles high-profile cases, and this one qualifies.

Sources tell us ... although it will probably take 4 weeks to get a firm cause of death, it's likely that it will either be classified as an accidental death or death from natural causes.

As we reported, a number of pill bottles were found in Sage's bedroom where he died.

HARRY NIPPLES, Jr.

Sage is the spitting image of JOHN TRAVOLTA. Just sayin'.

Polly

I want to give my deepest sympahties to the Stallone family. Sage was a very talented and gifted man.

For those of you who use this forum to belittle this talented young man or his family shame on you. No matter what the cause of his too early death he was someones son, brother, fiancee, and if you knew anything about him a wonderful man in his own right.
My prayers are with you Sly and Sasha and all of your family

Boondoggle

It's very irresponsible for TMZ to keep harping on how there were pill bottles in the room. The vast majority of adults in this country, seriously, have lots of pill bottles nearby. No comments on what the pills actually were, no verification of any kind, just horrid, constant references to pill bottles in order to make this all sound very derogatory with respect to a young man who has died.

Wait for toxicology reports before going ape-snit on all this, will ya? MOST people have pill bottles around. Have some respect for the family of this young man and stop trying to make this into something before you know what's really going on.

Leo

Is it just me, or does anyone else think he resembles John Travolta??

juliamaria

TMZ- I know you have enough staff and someone must be reading these comments. IF not SOMEONE SHOULD!
Show class and respect and allow Sylvester to grieve the loss of his son!
DAMN! He asked you, what in hell is wrong with you guys?

James C. L'Angelle

LATEST: Sage 1990 interview with Joey Berlin; 1974 Jane Czack wedding photo with Stallone +article; wiki reports on Grindhouse Releasing and Moonblood Pictures, see:

HOLLYWOOD REDLINE-

Throwback kid

Something about this whole Sage Stallone story stinks to high he-ll! First we here he has been dead for almost a week before anyone realizes it, then his lawyer says he was on twitter 17 hours before his death. He had a maid who wasn't allowed in his room to clean it, then what was she there for to do his laundry? I mean this guy was 36 years old. The laywer said he didn't drink but people who did a photo shoot with him said he was totally out of it. Did Sylvestor Stallone even know him? it seems like Sage was discarded and replaced with his new family. Something here is not adding up, it could just be Stallone is embaressed that his son was a drug addict?

janet

Sage Stallone was a 36 year old man who did what he wanted to do. He 'accidentially' overdosed himself with pills and alcohol and ended up dead. That simple. No mommy and daddy fault.

pam

What is happening is the cops are using SKILLS-101 , when you do not know the cause of a death you are supposed to refer to it as "undetermined" the fools just had to change Natalie Woods death certificate. So TMZ can mention pill bottles in every article it really does not matter, for all I know they are vitamins, TMZ has been burned before (showing pregnant bellies where there were none?) at anyraye this covers the cops asses and it actually is proper, they do not have enough evidence to say overdose until toxicology report comes back. TMZ and the cops are both acting stupid and dumb, it has occurred to me sure I suppose he could have accidentally OD'd , but I always have a problem with LONG TIME USERS ACIDENTLY TAKING TO MUCH DOPE..why? they know how much to take if they have been using for along time and coming from the cops etc. that is what they are saying , if he has a room full of bottles (I hate assuming that) chances are he along with others decided to take more than usual and they know what happens. Nope a long time addict knows where the line is or ends. That goes for Houston and other accidental celebrity overdoses we keep seeing.

LadyN

Something is strange here. He supposedly was going to be married next week to his long time girlfriend yet she hadn't spoken to him in a week or more? He was supposedly dead for 3 days to a week but someone posted new photos and updates 17 hours before he was found dead? Who posted those things if not him? And why? To make it look like he was still alive as he was rotting? It's odd at best.

parlayer

i didn't know this guy existed till he didn't!! and i thought i knew everything...

donji

While i understand that the family is devistated, i remember when my older brother died from an od and the l.a.p.d. could have cared less just another dead junkie so who cares!.When someone famous or related to money or fame dies from drugs all of a sudden its worth tons of money to find out who did what!

myopinion

Come on TMZ you have reported this previously....By the way didn't Sly Stallone ask that you stop reporting on this story and ALLOW the family to grieve? Let's give the family some time and when you get the information from the toxicology report you can report that...SAD SAD SAD TMZ

road_angel

TMZ How low can you GO. You are a Pathetic group of human beings.I mean seriously how can you sleep at night. YOu all follow what ever your boss says and print what he tells you to. Do NONE of you have scruples, you all have blood on your hands. I would rather quit and live with myself than to work for a heartless S.O.B. I know times are tough, but come on people you have to draw the line someplace. Sylvester Stallone just came out this morning with a Plea and I quote " I am Imploring PEOPLE to RESPECT my talented son's memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha. Stallone also implored the media including you TMZ to stop " The Speculation and questionable reporting" about the death of his Son. I notice Radar on Line your competition is following the families request. Forget ever trying to have your goons interview stallone outside on the street I wouldn't give your people the time of day after what you are showing here in these last few days. Shame on your pathetic souls!

road_angel