Gov. Chris Christie

'NO REGRETS'

Over NJ Yelling Match

7/20/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0720_chris_christie_getty
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he has "no regrets" about the way he angrily went after a heckler on the Jersey Shore earlier this month ... claiming the heckler simply pushed him too far in front of his kids.

Christie finally addressed the infamous TMZ video during a news conference in NJ yesterday ... explaining why he verbally blasted a heckler on July 6, while clutching a freshly scooped ice cream cone.

“Listen, I get heckled all the time," Christie said ... adding, "When you’re governor, that happens. And I don’t react almost at all to those hecklings."

"But I will not as a father stand for people using profanity in front of my 9-year-old daughter and her 8-year-old friend, and my 11-year-old son and his 11-year-old friend, and to use that profanity directed at their father, when I was out on the boardwalk, obviously having ice cream, and having fun with my kids.”

0_2yjedc81_0_7ipzit1lThe beginning of the confrontation was not captured on tape ... so it's unclear what words the heckler used to set Christie off. We do know the heckler was pissed about Christie's policies regarding schools ... and Christie responded by yelling, "You're a real big shot shootin' your mouth off."

Still, CC continued, "If people use that kind of language and think they can get away with it with me, they're wrong."

"I don't think any father or mother out there would just allow some person to come up and use that kind of language with them, directed toward them, in front of their children and not have some kind of reaction to it.”

Truth

He's actually right - you do NOT ****ed with someone when they have kids around you are liable to get ****ed up!

tmzdon'tsurf

Love this guy. He's the antithesis of every other cookie cutter, every other word out of my mouth is b.s. politician. Calls 'em like he sees 'em

vern dufford

JUST A PIG!

Susan

Love, love the big guy!!!!!!

Cujeaux

I get the impression he was teased mercilessly as a child for being obese and developed this rage at an early age that will never go away. His stupid name was probably another source of ridicule.
I'd like to know how the hell he became governor and why people find him charismatic. He's not fit to lead because he's still that angry fat boy.

MsSuburbia

What's he doing eating ice cream, getting obese and diabetic--running up MY health insurance costs, at the same time that he's trying to overturn the Affordable Care Act?

DopeLikeCoke

He's a myocardial infarction waiting to happen. I bet when he's cut, he bleeds country gravy pours out.

LH

I agree with him. No matter what you're feelings, don't speak that way in front of his kids to him. It would have been different had his kids and friends not been around

LK

LIKE THIS GUY NEEDS ICE CREAM HE IS A HEART ATTACK WAITING 2 HAPPEN FREAK OUT SOME MORE !!! C U IN THE ICU IF U EVEN MAKE IT 2 THE HOSPITAL

DaveT

----
Nope, most parents wouldn't tolerate it, they'd react the same as he did.
Not to mention, many teachers have become spoiled and entitled and all of the protests on the sidewalks are pure bullsh-t....millions of people have hard jobs, with less pay then teachers, less benefits, less bonuses, no tenure, and no summer off.
Time for teachers to stop whining ;)

gutsygirl

As a Conservative I am embarrassed of this guy.
He has no self-control (weight, temper) and is a bully.

Northerngirl41

I love TMZ...blocking out being able to click on a like when it suits their political agenda! I love this Guy...tells it like it is.

Sashatree

Rude and arrogant, crass, a loudmouth bully, obese, bigoted, racist, dim witted, angry, inconsiderate, and lacking ANY social grace whatsoever. Yup, that about sums up Christie. He's a disgrace to mankind and a perfect example of a FAILURE of a human being.

Italia

That's a sorry explanation of why he couldn't control himself in front of those children. What Christie taught those kids is how to stupider than a stupid person. No, he probably shouldn't have gotten heckled while out with the kids, but as he says when you're Governor that happens. But for Christie to act even dumber than the heckler is prize money. Proof positive that Chistie is just a big mouth bloviater.

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

Seriously, if he doesn´t do something about his weight and anger issues, he won´t be long for this world.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments