Christian Bale

'Words Cannot Express the Horror I Feel'

7/21/2012 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0721_tmz_christian_bale
Christian Bale
, star of "Dark Knight Rises," just released a statement regarding the massacre in Colorado.

Bale says, "Words cannot express the horror that I feel. I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them."

His words mirror those of "Dark Knight" director Chris Nolan, who called James Holmes' actions "savage" and "senseless" just yesterday.

Christian co-star Anne Hathaway were seen jetting out of Paris yesterday after a premiere for the film there was cancelled.

Warner Bros. has also cancelled appearances for the cast scheduled in Mexico and Japan.

buzz kill

Horror? It's all his fault.

nof

If we publicize these acts we encourage those who commit them.

Like running onto the outfield at Yankee Stadium.

They turned-the-cameras-off - the behavior stopped.

bobbyozone

I want some bikini pictures or a who'd ya rather. I'm here for entertainment, cause I can get the bad news everywhere else.

nof

I'm also not curious about what-the-shooter(s)-looked-like as Little Leaguers.

priceless

Is it just a coincidence that Holmes ushered in his violence at the exact moment there was a scene with shots?

"You're a detective now. You're not allowed to believe in coincidence."

How did he know?

Rixi

I'm impressed that the premiers were canceled. I think it's appropriate considering the horrible massacre.

nof

I assume certain things about shooters:

1. Their lives aren't going well.
2. They spend a lot of time THINKING.
3. They've quit.

me

People say the shooter is pure evil but nobody wants to talk about mental illness. There is a difference between evil and mental illness. Schizophrenia is a real disease.

nof

When dudes announce themselves as "The Joker."

Then begin shooting the place up.

They finally don't feel powerless/helpless anymore.

Now we know why the dude was flunking out of school -

Math problems.

One-plus-one = seven.

When we afford full media cover we please them.

oink

Violent Movies Promote Violence. he got the Idea from the last Batman Movie.

Justin

We have created a facebook page to try to get Christian Bale's attention to visit the injured kids in Aurora. https://www.facebook.com/BaleOutAurora

Mazor

Of course he feels bad, people got killed and he's a human being.

TMZ hacks, how is this a "breaking story?" It's exactly what we'd expect him to say. A breaking story would be if he didn't give a sh*t.

F*ck you guys suck at your job.

nof

This teaches us to never again go into a public place.

I assume someone's gonna walk into church every Sunday - saying he's like Jimmy Olsen.

nof

This is one ye can't blame on God.

In that God thought ...

The Batman script was lame-as-hell 2 begin with.

nof

You can always count on CNN.

For endless speculation.

Even worse, interviews with neighbors:

"He bought a loaf of bread yesterday, but no meat, hmmm..."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments