Christian Bale

'Words Cannot Express the Horror I Feel'

7/21/2012 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0721_tmz_christian_bale
Christian Bale
, star of "Dark Knight Rises," just released a statement regarding the massacre in Colorado.

Bale says, "Words cannot express the horror that I feel. I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them."

His words mirror those of "Dark Knight" director Chris Nolan, who called James Holmes' actions "savage" and "senseless" just yesterday.

Christian co-star Anne Hathaway were seen jetting out of Paris yesterday after a premiere for the film there was cancelled.

Warner Bros. has also cancelled appearances for the cast scheduled in Mexico and Japan.

ExLADA

I just sent an email to Warner Bros urging them to kick up some $$ for the victims in the hospital who have no insurance. Not saying this is Warner's fault, but with the money they will make off this movie, surely a few thousands for the victims would not hurt them.

MrHarrybawls2010

Words cannot express how ugly you look with that beard and mustache Bale....ya self-important brat.

kitnplayn

Hey, Christian Bale, when did you start to give a chit about human beings? You're such a fraud, because the last time I heard from you, you were ranting and raving with vulgarity and verbal abuse against a worker who displeased you. Even after he apologized to you, you spewed like a monster on an endless rant. I encourage americans who haven't heard it, to go to youtube and google "christian bale freaks out". He's a very dull star, and he's quite disturbed himself.

Cathryn Mazer

American Psycho

harrycontests

Sorry, but these people who peddle violence to children just disgust me when they make comments like this as if they had nothing to do with the problem. Sure, this kid was psycho. But I would bet good money his parents let him view adult-level violence from an early age. Keep your sympathy to yourself, Mr. Bales. Eventually your actions will catch up to you.

Jussi

Yea Christian we know exactly what you mean.
1 YEAR DOWN THE ROAD, YOU WILL BE THE STAR OF A SICK FILM CALLED THE BATMAN CINEMA HORROR.
Yes we know exactly what you feel.
You actors never know how to be real.
That is why you spread so much evil.

Kate

We are all responsible.

Locally. Nationally. Internationally.

As Hillary Clinton wrote, "It Takes a Village"

This young man who purchased weapons and planned to take lives is a product of our Global World...a world that chooses to embrace celebrity news and world movie premiers as important. Rather than serious subjects like world peace and international issues such as hunger, democracy and women's rights. We as a populace, give way to, too much air time and credit to useless entertainment news...to the point, that people consider a midnight screening of "Batman" an important life event....when we should all be concerned with much more pressing events and true news about the world...
When I was little. I did not go to movies where the "Joker" proceeded to do a "magic trick"...make a pencil disapear...by slamming it into the brain of a bystander...when my 12 year old showed me this movie I was shocked to learn it had an American rating of "PG"...
the hands of our society are stained in the blood of the victims, as we are all responsible...
Actors, Directors, Producers, Movie Production Personel, Movie Studio's.
Parents, Grandparents, Sisters, Brothers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends.
Politicians, Legislators, Voters.
Police, Lawyers, Judges and Emergency Responders.
Clerks in stores, Bus Drivers, Postal Workers, Welders, Carpenters and Janitors, Teachers and former Presidents of the United States of America.
It behooves us to protect our children and those at risk in society, I hope this provokes soul searching and respectful debate as we have become "off track" as a society. violence begets violence.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4