Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

BOHOE

Has Latoya gone missing too ???????

hmm

also- her story is bs because on the weekend when a report was made for her if it was just she didnt want to talk- surely THEN she would have seen it was an emergency. STILL she didnt or wasnt allowed to talk to anyone. Surely the judge and lawyers will put all those pieces together. The fam knew everyone was worried and missing persons cases were out but seh only appeared when the 70k was at stake. Yep- she wont get them back

tansubh

She didn't feel like using the phone? really? She sounds senile to me... TJ needs to keep guardianship of the kids permanently, because either Katherine is as I said senile, or under the influence of her greedy kids, neither option makes her capable of caring for the kids. And coming to think of it, does she even have a right to go back to the rental house? She certainly lost the right to fire the kids security, but I guess no one told her that...

It's Dave

She criminally abandoned her duties as caretaker of these children. End of story.

JenKasa

Katherine should have a blood test NOW!!!
It really stads out that Jermaine not only stayed friends with that weird manager Michael fired, (toto or something) and he was with Jermaine when he announced his brother's death. and then Jermaine and the rest of the greedy ones turn out to be buddy buddy with a man who came to Conrad's defense.
I'm don't think its being to conspiracy theorist to wonder if Jermaine had a hand in killing his brother and planned to kill katherine too.
This family is seedy.

JenKasa

I wonder if TJ foiled Jermaine and Rebbi's plans of taking the kids from Katherine themselves?

bring back recent posts

...those 3 kids need too get out of dodge stat with Tj...too a secure guarded location and find new lawyers just as fast.......this family is messed and these kids deserve a break already in there lives..sounds too me like they need a nice clean slate...cause a lot of scratching going on with this blackboard!!!!!! just saying

Bloomcounty.USA

I seriously lmao at this blurb ... "She also sounds like she's full of crap." Hahaha, no doubt!!

Silenteyesee

Bull****. She's covering for her sorry children. What grandmother in her right mind would just up and leave her grandchildren in that house with those crazy people. The actions of her kids speak louder than anything else. Look how they have been acting. Let's hope tj gets to keep guardianship of Michals kids. He seems like the only responsible person in that house

Detective. LaToya

Why don't Arnold Klein and Debbie Rowe come said their in-distress white children since this money hungry evil black family abandoned them. And what about poor Blanket? No one knows who his parents are. Maybe that will make MJs stans happy.

Jaunice

Mrs. Jackson, you in danger girl

I am Spartacus

Yea i'm sure a judge will just believe you needed to get away and that it's responsible for the guardian to just disappear without contacting the children and leaving 3 kids home for the week without letting them know where you are.

That seems like a responsible thing for a guardian to do.

meg

At her age, dementia is a natural possibility (vascular, Alzheimer, etc. Take your pick).

Nayners57

Hmmm Randy the crack addict wants to be in charge? If Michael wanted his siblings to have money, he would have left it to them. He'd separated himself from his siblings before he died, which says so much.

Jane

It sounds like Katherine is just not up to raising those kids and may have had her judgement impaired by stress, age, something physically wrong or all of the above. Someone else needs to be given permanent guardianship that is young enough and has demonstrated good judgement in handling those kids. Raising three kids, two of which are teenagers, is not for the frail and elderly. She does needs break from everybody in that family.

Her grown kids knew what was going on though, so they are just as responsible as Katherine for the fiasco. Just because Katherine's judgement was bad didn't mean her grown kids had to go alone with it. They should have been in contact with MJ's kids from the first day Katherine took her "break".