Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

Robin

Did she bother going home to reassure her grandchildren before going on TV to con the public that all is fine?

ilovegossip

If her story is true...then they need to take those kids away from her for good. No parent, whether natural or appointed would leave their children without telling them for more than a week, and not want to talk to them. Anyone that would do something like that should have their children taken away.

Detective. LaToya

IF these fools kept Mrs. Jackson hostage and forcing her to do things against her will I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!

lynn

Someone is going to be dead and at least two people in jail by the end of it. Anyone want to start a betting pool?

ashley

I bet michael jackson turning in his grave right now.

lalo_hopscotch

It's amazing to me anyone can defend ANYONE in this family Katherine and Joe were horrible parents, the boys INCLUDING Michael were horrible, parents - keeping his kids in masks? Um yeah and now Paris is a train wreck who thinks she is a celeb.

But the fans will continue to act as if Michael walked on water and somehow Katherine is being brainwashed, she was been a mess for years ever since she robbed her children of their childhood so she and Joe could pay the bills.

Amy

She "needed a break", so she just up and left without telling the grandchildren she has custody of? Didn't call them the whole time she was gone because she "didn't feel like using the phone"? She felt like taking a "short vacation", so she just up and left 3 minor children she was in charge of without even a word? Can you imagine if everyone decided they needed a break or short vacation, just up and left without telling their kids? The kids come home from school and no one's home...the hours tick by, the days tick by...no word on where in the world they are, no phone calls to make sure the kids are ok...WTF?
This whole thing makes no sense whatsoever. All of the things she said in the above column make no sense. Either she's lying or she's a real A-HOLE to ditch those kids. None of this makes any sense at all!

No wonder Michael was so messed up! He seemed to think his mother was a saint, but I'm starting to think more and more that she's just as bad as the rest of them. He said he wanted to just be a kid and not have to work all the time but his father made him, and was abusive. Well, Katherine should have done something then. But she didn't, and allowed her son, and other kids, to be miserable and unhappy. I don't think she's going to win the mother of the year award....or the grandmother of the year...!!!

ryan

so she just leaves? doesn't tell her grand kids who she has custody of that she is leaving for 10 days or so? WTF? right.

Can you imagine the kids waking up one day and asking where is granny? where did she go?

ryan

and we still really don't know who the real father and mother is of the 3 kids. I think the grandmother is taking Michaels drugs.

Randy

Katherine to have the kids taken from her. Just because they have money does not excuse what she had done. I hope that the Judge actually takes the kids away from the whole Jackson family and give guardianship to Diana Ross whom i am sure will take care of them and give them some Love Guidence, and support. And i am sure she can take care of them for way under $70,00 a month

blythe

interesting, she is the victim of a crime and she doesnt even know it, they took and phone , pulled all this crap and then gave it back , didnt tell her all of what happened and this is the end result. she hasnt a clue what just went down , trust me if she knew she would probably have a heartache.

billybob

Ok, let's think a little bit further: Michael is NOT dead, he just needed a break...she visited Michael at his top secret location....

victory

Grandma Jackson has been bullied since she was married to Joe. Her kids have been pestering her for cash and crashing in her home, the home that Michael gave her. Now that she's 82, she has to be out of gas, emotionally. There are lawyer's in place to handle matter's that are occurring right now. Step up your game fella's, your dealing w/ a bunch of amateurs, Michael trusted you, do your job.

Pat

After they way the original Jacksons turned out; why would you put this in charge of any children.

Shelly

I think this is all a publicity stunt - the Jackson family seems to have a need to be in the limelight, to prove that their still relevent!