Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

whitney

Something does not sound right this. I mean she knew that Prince, Paris and Blanket are home without a guardian so she give her phone and did not feel like answering it

AlwaysOnTimeB

Then she REALLY doesn't need to be their guardian!! Who leaves there grandchildren, that they are taking care of, and doesn't communicate with them? Those children should be her priority right now. She should have told them what she was doing, and then took off.

myopinion

WOW...This woman needed a break and it blew up like that!!!! what a shame...I can understand needing a break from all the problems that have surfaced to the public I could imagine what's going on behind closed doors. STOP EVERYONE (Jackson's)!!!!! Allow Mrs.Jackson to have a PEACEFUL life....My Goodness!!!

LClapper

If she willingly left, then she should be charged with child endangerment!! She is their legal guardian, so they are her responsibility. Anybody else would be facing charges!

Michaela

Don't the houses belong to the estate? And if so, with her no longer being the guardian, does she have the right to use the houses as she sees fit? (i.e. let Joe jackson live in one?)

oink

It was told that Joe was mean to the kids and abused them, so where was Saint Katherine at that time ? why did she not stop Joe from being mean to the kids ?

HumanNature

ROTFLMAO AT PURE "STUPIDITY!!!!!

TJ IS IN CHARGE MRS. JACKSON

lisaknowsthetruth

She think it's okay to leave minors alone because she needed a break. REALLY. If she felt she didnt need to call MINORS and check in on them then she doesnt deserve to have them.

Wow ...

Ms. KJ if you left on your own accord, willingly gave up your phone and traumatized those children withouth concern, you deserve to lose guardianship of them. You do not have their best interest at heart. Not saying, you aren't entitled to some rest, but to have done it like that...WRONG and CRUEL! However, I believe you were taken by your kids, then 'medicated'.

Annoyed

I hope she doesn't get them back. I think she was kidnapped and sedated. I thinks she's just taking up for the other 4, so they don't get in trouble for elder abuse

courtney

WOW BULLCRAP, I hope they take the kids from her permanently

T. Oakley

Most people who go off for 9 days on a vacation and leave under-age minor children at home ALONE - are arrested by the police, charged with neglect, and get a visit from the Dept. of Children's Services! With a legal guardian completely out of touch - what happens to the kids in an emergency!

CountryGal

To Michael Jackson's Kids: When you turn 18 run far far away from these money grubbing morons. They are evil and will use you till they all croak. I wish someone who was decent was there for you.

What I Think

One more thing. What kind of sicko dyes his young son's hair blonde? Just part of some sick sexual fantasy I suppose.

oink

Katherine needed a break, hey i woild need a break too from getting $70,000 a month and having a mansion with cooks and maids and security, i'd run from that.