Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

bunny man

My prayers are with you and your family. It's sad to see people judge others with vile comments on this site. It's even sadder to fathom the thought, that MJ didn't love his siblings enough to include them his will. For someone that wanted to teach the world to love, his actions... if true, divided his family and produced some of the most mean spirited fans I've ever seen.

HumanNature

MRS. JACKSON CAN NOW GO STAY WITH JANET AND REBBIE!!!!

ASAP!!!

kristin

Katerine is a terrible grandma, what kind of grandma disappears from her grandkids and not checking with them,shame on her,those kids deserve to taken away from her forever,she should not be suprised the kids were taken away from her and I now see why micheal never spoke good about the family,shame on grandma

RABID...Pray It Doesn't Happen To You.

I think it's great to see the...RABIDS... attacking
the Jackson adults,more proof that...RABIDS...
are just a bunch of Cannibals!

Quinn

If I was a lawyer for the estate I'd be getting her arse examined by an outside doctor or two who aren't associated with the family. Her story sounds like absolute crap. And hasn't this lady been coming home to LA for like 2 days now? What is she walking?

devilgirl

Old bag, does she have any idea what she just said?

"I needed a break" and just left a 15, 14 and 11 year old, without a word?! What an old bitch!

Now she is sweating the fact that she effed up and might end up losing her meal tickets!

God help those poor kids! I hope Prince I immediately gets out of the house at 18 and takes his siblings with him.

HumanNature

ROTFLMAO AT

RANDY, GERM AND JANET!!!!

YOU ARE BARRED FROM THAT HOUSE!!!!!

ORDER BY THE ESTATE EXECUTORS!!!!

DON'T YOU FEEL "STUPID", NOW!!!!!

jeannie

I imagine there is a clause in Michael's will that give Katherine some money regardless of the children. Not likely to happen but if she lived for them to reach maturity,Michael wouldn't have cut her completely off in her final years.

LadyN

No matter what she says now, she still looks like either she is lying or dementia has set in. I am a parent and if I feel like getting away for 9 days with no phone, I arrange for my children to be cared for and tell them I am going. I would never do that but I'm not a crazy Jackson, thankfully. This is all bull and one way or the other, she lost custody and honesty, I don't think she should get it back until she grows a set and stands up to her crazy kids.

Mag

I think that the executors of the estate will probably have TJ account for every penny he spends of whatever support they give him for these kids. I'm tired of hearing about how these are not Michael's kids. They were and are his kids, regardless if they don't have an ounce of his blood in them. He in essence adopted them. So, what are you all saying that every child who has been adopted, is not really the adoptive parent/s child? ABSURD!!! These kids deserve every penny Michael left them.

wow

She's covering for her kids. Highly likely that she was "kidnapped" and sedated.

adelle

Is Katherine Jackson using her timid personality and old age to try to make herself look like she's a victim, Is she playing up her timid/meek persona so that people don't get angry with her for totally abandoning her responsibilities? Cause I don't care if she is 82, YOU DONT WALK OUT ON 3 CHILDREN AND GIVE THEM NO EXPLANATION OF YOUR WHEREABOUTS. In the "real" world, she could have been charged with negligence.

I'm beginning to think that if push came to shove, underneath that sweet timid personality is a woman that would shamelessly allow her dirty rotten money grubbing children to steal from her grandchildren.

Detective. LaToya

You all just believe anything. Good gossip you just want it to be truth. Katherine is too old for this crap she is gonna do what she wants to do. She didn't leave those brats alone.

kinm

everybody is in on it, and Joe is the one behind all these, can't believe they actually assigned another Jackson as new guardian, more disaster on the way, poor children

HumanNature

RABID...Pray It Doesn't Happen To You.

NOBODY IS ATTACKING "THE JACKSON"

JUST POINTING OUT PURE "IGNORANCE"!!!!!

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!!