Dane Cook Cracks Jokes

About 'Batman' Massacre

7/27/2012 8:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dane Cook
is using the Colorado shooting tragedy as material for his standup act.

Last night, Cook took the stage at the Laugh Factory on Sunset Blvd. and began to talk about "Dark Knight Rises."

In footage, obtained by DailyCaller.com, Cook can be heard saying ...

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie ... And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap ... yeah, spoiler alert.”

Cook continued ... “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’”

A bunch of people in the crowd laughed ... some people groaned.

For the record, the shooting occurred exactly one week ago ... 12 people were killed and 58 were injured with many people still hospitalized.

China girl

DANE COOK HAS NO TALENT, SO HE NEEDS THIS 5 MINUTES OF FAME. HE'S SO LAME

andreaq323

who is dane cook???

Jimmi

I have always thought that Dane Cook and Comedy are not mutually inclusive.

MELISSA PENA

DEAN COOK IS LAME HIS JOKES ARE LAME HIS CAREER IS LAME!!! NO CLASS AND THE PEOPLE IN HIS AUDIENCE ARE LAME WITH NO CLASS EITHER!! THEY SHOULD HAVE BOO'D HIS LAME ASS!!!

small asian penis

He only said it to get in the media.

JJ

WOW, someone is desperate for attention. He needs to crawl back into the shadows, which is where he belongs.....and this proves it.

trish

someone needs to tell him the difference between being a comedian and an insensitive smart @$$...

Jay

I am sure people wanted to shoot themselves listening to his horrible comedy act. What happened to those people during that movie was horrific, not a laughing matter at all.

JMP

Jokes like that are unnecessary!! There is no "too soon" for making fun of such a tragedy. But I also think that a lot of people who comment here are really aweful too - calling each other names and blasting their - the only right - opinion out and insulting others. oh the safety of sitting behind a computer screen huh?? Thats low.

Oh A 💛💋

This is too soon to be cracking jokes about this !

CC

Saw one of Dane's performances and it has to rank as one of the worst shows I've ever attended, ever. I view his recent statements as an attempt to get some free publicity. I'd suggest if you're thinking about purchasing tickets for one of Dane's performances a better use of your money would be to wipe your @ss with it after taking a runny sh1t.

paul a.

I was so taken in by Dane Cook when he hit it big, but I went to his latest show and it SUCKED. He is so unfunny that it hurts. Stop embarrassing yourself Dane and go back to working at McDonalds.

Mr. Jamison

The joke was told way too soon, but did any of you know that the shooting took place only a few miles away from Columbine? Before you all start to act like sheeple and think that there's nothing more you can do, try doing a little research and find some others to blame. I don't think that this kid killed 12 people and wounder 50 on his own free will. And don't reply with hate when you yourself don't know hald of what I'm talking about. 9-11 was an inside job.

Mr. Jamison

I love Dane Cook, however this was way too soon to crack jokes at. Has he done any jokes about 9-11 yet?

Shane Paterson

boo ****ing hoo. it was hilarious get over it. Governments routinely murder millions, 12 get murdered in Colorado and no one shuts up about it. Something is wrong with that.