Dane Cook Cracks Jokes

About 'Batman' Massacre

7/27/2012 8:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dane Cook
is using the Colorado shooting tragedy as material for his standup act.

Last night, Cook took the stage at the Laugh Factory on Sunset Blvd. and began to talk about "Dark Knight Rises."

In footage, obtained by DailyCaller.com, Cook can be heard saying ...

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie ... And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap ... yeah, spoiler alert.”

Cook continued ... “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’”

A bunch of people in the crowd laughed ... some people groaned.

For the record, the shooting occurred exactly one week ago ... 12 people were killed and 58 were injured with many people still hospitalized.

arkbri

can't wait to count all the celebrity comedians that defended Tosh's rape comments to come out of the woodwork to defend Cook...thats the sound of crickets you hear.

jeannie

We've got a really sick dude in here if they are defending that crap by his or her Hate choices.

EatMe

Not funny but not offensive to me either. There are real massacres and real tragedies all over the world all the time. This shooting wasn't that big a deal by comparison. Americans just freak out over any little thing that happens to them and turn their slain into innocent saints, while REAL travesties go on everyday that you all support with your wallets.

Hank

this is what happened when you once had a promising career that has now tanked because of one too many rom/coms with Jessica Simpson.

Honeys Booboo

So...
Guy walks into a theater and shoots up the place.
...

rosa

Gilbert Gottfried made a pretty stupid joke too soon after the Japan thing. Gilbert NEVER apologizes. I think Dane will come out later & say. I'M SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE & WAS INSENSITIVE WITH MY JOKES.. IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION & SHOULD HAVE RETHOUGHT IT. Stupid A$$ you knew what you were doing.

Carl

I chose "insensitive jerk" by default because Dane Cook is incapable of saying anything funny about any subject.

BigMunKnee

Usually,...that's the route that TALENTLESS LOSERS have to take in an attempt to be "funny" ; use/take advantage of others misfortunes/pain/suffering. Wonder who's "thing" he su*ked in Hollywood to have a career, because in ALL HONESTY,...I NEVER found Cook to be "entertaining"!! Even BEFORE he definitively proved with this latest attempt @ being "funny", that he's NOT!! Epitome of JERKOFF!!

Babydoll0630

FVCK YOU DANE COOK.

PPC

This tool is a no talent hack with no skills as a comedian or actor. He is the joke, not what happened in Colorado. I suggest he buy Pro Activ or a truck load of cement to fill the pock marks on his ugly mug (face). I never thought he was funny and will continue never to promote or pay to see this nerd in any way.

PPC

devilgirl

Dane Cook hasn't been funny since..................Oh yeah, never!

francisco

He called it a "Piece of Crap?" Compared to what Dane? You're many wonderful masterpieces and box office hits that you have been in? Good Luck Chuck and Waiting were academy award caliber performances! SMH!

Will

Desperate for attention. How else is he gonna get talked about unless he says things that are provocative?

TheLoon

ugh...enough with the policing of comedians in comedy clubs...comics are not supposed to be sensitive to the feelings of others...if they were there would be no comedy...Dane Cook isn't very funny IMHO but if he wants to make Aurora jokes, in this case just commentary about TDKR being a bad movie, then he should go ahead...make holocaust and 9-11 jokes too for all I care, it's just words