Dane Cook Cracks Jokes

About 'Batman' Massacre

7/27/2012 8:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dane Cook
is using the Colorado shooting tragedy as material for his standup act.

Last night, Cook took the stage at the Laugh Factory on Sunset Blvd. and began to talk about "Dark Knight Rises."

In footage, obtained by DailyCaller.com, Cook can be heard saying ...

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie ... And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap ... yeah, spoiler alert.”

Cook continued ... “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’”

A bunch of people in the crowd laughed ... some people groaned.

For the record, the shooting occurred exactly one week ago ... 12 people were killed and 58 were injured with many people still hospitalized.

saicon

Can we add a third option as in "Just not funny"?

Simone

Lazy comedy. Totally pointless, cheap joke. If you're going to risk crossing a line talking about a recent tragedy, come up with something satirical and meaningful. Make people think. Make the NRA or Warner Bros or fame-obsessed idiots who fake psychotic symptoms in court to try to manipulate our "justice" system the butt of the joke to get the crowd on your side. That's how you write comedy, Dane Cook.

remy

i wonder what sidithers thinks

dogboy

AND TO YOU THE A HOLE THAT IS PUTTING A HATE ON EVERYBODYS COMMENT HERE. YOU ARE A F N COWARD AND IF I EVER SAW YOU I WOULD BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU.

dogboy

TMZ, I hope you guys rip this guy a new one. He deserves his career to be over.

Tami

DOUCHE!!!!

gamepro

that is going to far and he should apologize for using the colorado shooting as a joke

Throwback kid

He must have been talking about his box office Bomb Good Luck Chuck! One of the worst movies I have ever seen. I don't know what was worse, looking at Dane Cooks acne scared face for 2 hours, or watch Jessica Alba try to be funny. She is one of the worst actresses in Hollywood

boobymanz

People still pay to hear this douchebag tell pathetically unfunny jokes? I expect nothing less from a sack of sh!t like this douche.

PaulWS

No fan of Dane Cook, but people need to quit being babies about jokes.

WHAT IN THE WORLD

How could he joke about that horrible tragedy? How could those morons laugh at his insensitivity? How would Dane and those idiots feel if one of their loved ones had been snuffed out or seriously injured like that?

Dane Cooked

Dane Cook isn't funny. I've never understood his success, fame or fan-base. This isn't surprising.

Serenity

Completely without class, and definitely without thought.

MaryD

I've met toddlers who are funnier than Dane Cook. He steals jokes, runs around like a hyperactive child, and makes weird noises as punch lines. Not funny. Now he's an insensitive prick. Still not funny. Less funny. Anti-funny.

Maria Davis

he isn't funny to begin with and he makes these tasteless jokes??? they do not care how they generate publicity do they??? If I didn't like him before I certainly CAN'T STAND HIM NOW!!!!