Dane Cook Cracks Jokes

About 'Batman' Massacre

7/27/2012 8:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dane Cook
is using the Colorado shooting tragedy as material for his standup act.

Last night, Cook took the stage at the Laugh Factory on Sunset Blvd. and began to talk about "Dark Knight Rises."

In footage, obtained by DailyCaller.com, Cook can be heard saying ...

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie ... And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap ... yeah, spoiler alert.”

Cook continued ... “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’”

A bunch of people in the crowd laughed ... some people groaned.

For the record, the shooting occurred exactly one week ago ... 12 people were killed and 58 were injured with many people still hospitalized.

ElHodgy

Not only that, but the movie is ****ing fantastic.

Rose

Some things are NOT funny...grow up jerk! ARG!!!

Hisenberg

Dane Cook's still alive?

Jacqueline

whoa a little too soon dane, too soon

Scotchgirl

Sick and cruel to even joke about something like this, and for those idiots that laughed they are just as bad. This is what our world has come too and it's disgusting!

Carl

What a douche bag!

Thomas Jefferson

He was never very funny period and now he is just doing this to get his name out there.

Casey

I think that Dane Cook needs to shut up! There is nothing funny about this and he needs to be more sensitive! What an ass!

candy

DUMBASS!

candy

DUMBASS!

azneck1

I'll never understand the term "too soon" when applied to a tragedy. Does waiting make the situation any better? Comedians always cross the line...that's their job. It's gallows humor. The word "Titanic" now conjures up thoughts of romance instead of the tragedy it really was, but Cameron never caught crap for it. It's human nature to poke fun of and laugh nervously at things out of our control.

tamara coleman

Its completely distasteful to mock such a tragedy that innocent people lost their lives over and some still fighting for their lives in critical condition. Families have been destroyed over this mass shooting and some lives will never be the same because of a mad man! Kids robbed of their innocence and people in fear of ever even stepping into a theater again after the massacre. It became a national scare. I understand comedians live in the grey and Dane Cook is beyond edgy with his material but this is disgusting even for him.
www.glitzgirlzglamourguide.com

nene b

He's a comic. FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I laughed when I read it. That is what we do we make light of the dark. Its our job. If you dont want ot laugh keep away form comedy clubs and find soemthing else to do. An I say that with love.

Donnie Kalb

What an ass This is not now or will it ever be something to crack jokes about what a looser if he ever comes to Colorado the only way I would go to his show would be to protest outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!

candy