Peter Frampton

Injured in Car Wreck --

Blames 'Texting Woman'

7/31/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0731_peter_frampton_article_tmzRock legend Peter Frampton was injured in a car accident earlier today ... and claims it's all because some "woman driver" was texting behind the wheel instead of watching the road.

Frampton vented about the situation on his Twitter page a few hours ago ... explaining, "Texting woman driver just ran into back of me while I was stationary in traffic 101 freeway."

He added, "Can u say whiplash? People put the phones down!"

The 62-year-old claims he sustained injuries to his neck and back ... and says he plans to go to the hospital later today ... after a flight.

FYI -- texting and driving is now illegal in California ... and violators are subject to some serious fines.

Northerngirl41

Texting behind the wheel makes you a criminal. It will catch up to you...it is just a numbers game. Eventually your number will come up when you hurt or kill someone or yourself. Make sure you get license plates of people you see texting and call them in!!! They will get a knock on their front door by the police.

sidithers

Tasty buds a bottle of wine and Frampton Comes Alive

Elizabeth

Texting while driving is illegal and people know it, and still do it, ignorantly, ignoring the fact that others can be harmed or killed because some stupid idiot female driver or male driver decides they just don't care about other people out there..

I hope Peter get's well speedily- he is a good man!

deborah mcdermott

i hope peter is all right and feeling better. even through it is illegal to text and drive i still see these idiots doing just that, half the time they do not even stop for stop signs they go right through them. it is dangerous out there on the road.

grebo

She probably heard him singing "All I Want to be (is by your side)" while he was sitting in traffic, and she took him up on his offer......

Blim Jameson

I'm completely against texting and driving, and I believe Frampton 100% when he says that texting while driving is what caused the accident. At the same time, the reflexive battle cry of "Whiplash" is the battle cry of white trash malingerers.

supermom

feel better soon Peter!

cokeandpilates

My husband, our little girl and I got rear ended at a stop light by a chick who claimed she looked down for just a second--my theory is that she was texting, you just don't look down at a stop light, you tend to look up to watch the light. Making cell phone use while driving illegal hasn't stopped a lot of people from texting or talking while behind the wheel. I think it just made them sneakier and more distracted.

Sybarite

Id rather jog home from my own vasectomy than listen to I love your way OR do you feel like I do !

Sybarite

DebWV

Glad to hear you're probably going to be ok...more sore than anything. They need to enforce the no texting more...somehow, someway!

Frampton1976

"...bent the boot, hit the back! Had to play some music, otherwise She'd crack!"

Thanks, MusicMan! Hope you feel better soon!

Like he feels, "Don't text and drive!"

Stacy Stowe

People texting and driving rank as high on my stupid & selfish list as people who are DUI. I am glad to hear he is OK, but if I had "Neck & Back" injuries, I would probably go to the hospital immediately, not after a flight, which can make any injury he has potentially worse. I hope his lawyer told him how important this step is.

JDUB

Every day I see a car swerving and driving slow and I wonder if I should call 911 and report a drunk driver - only to later pull up along side the car and see it is a WOMAN on her CELL PHONE! Is it a genetic disorder?

campy

Just saying she was a woman was enough. Texting is TMI.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments