Olympic Equestrian

Cruel and Unusual

… for the Fans

8/7/2012 12:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ TV

080612_horse_still
Do you suffer from insomnia? Have a hard time falling asleep? Enjoy watching humans get rewarded for accomplishments of hard working animals? The you're going to love Olympic equestrian ... the most boring "sport" ever created by man.

Seriously. We'd rather watch paint dry, and then try to remove it, then watch that "Bachelorette" guy huff said paint remover (allegedly).

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Who the Hell is Khloe

I really like equestrian sports! Horses are cute!

Pimpcessa

Seriously TMZ, it's painfully obvious your ignorance knows no bounds! And by the way.....if you don't like an event, turn the friggin channel. There's tons of sports out there that I think are stupid, but this is a sport of strength, agility and grace. And when you have a animal 1300lbs or more, that can posess those qualities, that is a divine achhievement!

And to those bitching about how the horses are being abused by having to carry around a human on them, know one thing, we are an afterthought to them. It's like the incredible hulk piggybacking a toddler. As for the jumps and such, I can assure you, that any 1300lb animal that doesn't "want" to jump WON'T and there's nothing you can do about it! Good luck trying though.....

Oh, and yes, I have horses.

RGP

I guess you could say Basketball is boring in the Olympics also. Having a professional team play amatuers is not my idea of a sport. It is more like shooting fish in a barrel.

cplbi22

Wow TMZ, you have offically dissapointed me with this post. Can you ride a horse? Do you have any idea how much training is involved with both horse and rider to get to this point in their careers? Yes, horses are incredibly hard working, but the riders have to be in great physical shape as well. The connection between horse and rider is also so important. These horses and riders have trained their whole lives to get to this point in their career and you have the audacity to say their dreams are boring?? Shame on you.

Manda_Kay

Wow I am highly offended by this post...I HATE people that think the horse does all the work. I've been riding horses for 10 years and I want anyone who thinks it's so easy to get on my horse and do what I do. Riding is a great SPORT and a really good full body workout. The horses are not the only hard working ones in this PARTNERSHIP!!! It takes YEARS of blood, sweat and tears to get to an Olympic level of riding. I'd like to see anyone of your Staff get on a horse and jump 5'. Not only get over the jump while staying on but actually be in control. It's not easy!

thebunyan0619

The Kardashian and the Jackson families put me to sleep. UFC/MMA which was presented yesterday as a possible OLympic sport on you show can not ever get be shown in all 50 states.

Do not knock what you do not understand.

I watched the cycling, FIFA football, Triathalon but did not watch swimming and gymnastics. If we did not win in those sports would they still be popular. My guess is no.

Skizzy51

The fact that they would rather watch a reality show reject huff dried paint speaks volumes about whoever wrote that. Popping off on a topic you have no knowledge whatsoever about just makes them look like the idiots they chase after every day. Educate yourself on the sport and you might actually see the beauty of what these horses are doing. Like the fact that once the horse is within a certain distance of the jump, they can no longer see it and are virtually jumping blind. Why? Because horses can't "look" down unless they drop their head down. If you don't like it fine, you don't have to disrespect it and you don't have to watch it. I'm sure Lindsey Lohan is due to wreck another car soon ....

smorbie

I wonder how much your opinion about this is because Ann Romney's horse is entered.

Grace

I watched the whole final competition yesterday when Britain took the gold and it had me holding my breath with anticipation the entire time. It was honestly my favorite sport I've watched this Olympics.

Sydney

Stick to meaningless gossip postings and leave the real writing to qualified individuals.

Tom

USA must not have placed well. If they did you could be sure it would be on primetime.

lindsey

no no speed walking is now an olympic event thats even more boring the equestrian.

Longcat

Wow you are incredibly ignorant of riding and the skills/discipline it requires. It also happens to be my favorite sport in the Olympics; I don't find it the least bit dull. Its engaging, exciting, and takes real talent. Don't believe me, you get on a horse and try and jump a fence thats 160...m high. So why don't you get back to your important job of posting all those pictures of celebrity bums instead of trashing a great sport.

Rstew

clueless *****!

Sy

Obviously, you have never ridden a horse. These riders make it look easy. It is physically and mentally demanding on the horse and RIDER.