Kathie Lee Gifford

RIPPED by Fans for

Dissing Parents of Druggies

8/8/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0808_kathy-lee-gifford_tmz
Kathie Lee Gifford
is being SKEWERED by hordes of angry fans as we speak ... one even calling her a "thoughtless human being" -- after the TV personality strongly implied that parents of drug addicts were FAILURES.

Kathie recently spoke to Family Circle magazine -- and in the interview, she said, "I'm not a perfect mom, but my kids haven't been arrested, in rehab or kicked out of school, so I must be doing something right!"

The implication -- parents of kids who HAVE been arrested or struggled with drug addictions are NOT doing something right.

This didn't sit too well with many of Kathie's fans -- who have since taken to the talk show host's Facebook page to express their disgust.

Among the comments -- "Well Kathy, here is a pic of my little brother who we lost at the age of 33 yrs old due to a DISEASE called DRUG ADDICTION ... I find it funny we were both raised by the same woman called MOM ... I am NOT an ADDICT and NEVER was ... Poor parenting?? Gimme a break."

"Shame on you Kathie Lee Gifford, shame on you. You are a thoughtless human being."

"Kathy do you know the first thing they teach you in family counseling for loved ones of addicts? The three C's; you DIDN'T cause it, you CAN'T cure it, and you CAN'T control it."

"Poor parenting?? God bless you and your great parenting skills you suck at being educated on addiction."

"I'm glad you never had to face any of your babies drowning in a disease they could not be cured from. I lost my baby at the age of 32 to a heroin overdose in Sept 2010. I am a doctor and worked hard my entire life to give her the best."

So we gotta ask ...

Sassy

Good grief. She was not judging or meant to put down other parents. I don't even watch her show, but it sounds like people took one comment from a whole interview.

TheEric

Are the parents who let their children work in her sweat shops bad parents? Is the woman who raised her cheating husband a bad parent?

Cinders

Well Kathy...your kids are not done with their life yet. I pray that you never have to go through them having an addiction.

Phishie from Philly

How ironic because Kathie's parents were druggie's too.
Make another album and this time don't drink because that may increase your odds for making a better album. Actually it probably won't because no matter what it would still suck. Go have a big drink with a small cup.

Phishie from Philly

Phishie from Philly

Bob

If you read the one sentence quote that was pulled from the article, Kathie Lee didn't say anything negative about any other families. She was simply speaking about her own family and her own experience. As for everyone being up in arms because somebody decided she was speaking about all of the parents of addicts, criminals and dropouts....well, many of them probably are bad parents and many of them are probably good parents also.

Mary Bailey

Kathie Lee is, and always has been, a holier-than-thou superior a-hole. I'm glad her true colors are finally showing again.

Dan

America is continuing to become soft. People are offended by the smallest things. SMH.

Juggy

She gives a good hand-job and great head when she needs a bottle of wine so you can't fault her for that.

Scents of Summer

Oh my god, she just made a statement, about her own kids, her own life. She meant nothing by it, she didnt say your kids are on drugs because of their parents. Spend time commenting on things that could help the people on drugs.

Moe

Disturbing Comments!

Bill

Hey Kathie Lee - I pray you never have kids in rehab. Just because you don't, there is no need to be ignorant. Oh, by the way, how's the career?

Phishie from Philly

3:59. This just in at TMZ not Live.
Kathie just admitted that she doesn't have a drinking problem. She just has a allergic reaction to large amounts of alcohol. She Says it makes her do and say things she normally wouldn't. It also makes her black out and gives her memory loss. But she's adamant she doesn't have a drinking problem but more of a medical challenge.
Go have a drink with Joan rivers and sell some books.

Phishie from Philly

ummm?!

She needs to get off her snooty high- horse. As a parent, you can teach your kids manners, not to cuss, smoke, drink or do drugs. But a some point THEY become adults and are responsible for THEIR own choices..good or bad. It's called free will. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with poor parenting.

Beverly

You are ignorant. What about you and sweatshops? I have raised two sons. One just graduated from ASU and the other has chosen a life of drugs. Your comments are extremely hurtful. Don't you think that we as parents constantly beat ourselves up about this. We do not need an ignorant has been judging us. Keep your thoughts to yourself. You a STUPID.

Juggy

It's funny how much of a class act Martin Short is for not losing it because you pull questions out of your ass. I guess that was your last shot at forgiveness. You messed up big time with this one Kathie. Some of us should be so privileged to have Mothers who raise their children as you have but then again, my Mom never judged another Mom for something that was neither her fault or something she had no control over. She did her best and loved me and my sister as a Mother should and now that she has passed I would give the world to have her back. I think your own children should be ashamed to even have their names attached to you. You keep making public comments like that one, you're destined to have a drug addict show up in your family.