Kathie Lee Gifford

RIPPED by Fans for

Dissing Parents of Druggies

8/8/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0808_kathy-lee-gifford_tmz
Kathie Lee Gifford
is being SKEWERED by hordes of angry fans as we speak ... one even calling her a "thoughtless human being" -- after the TV personality strongly implied that parents of drug addicts were FAILURES.

Kathie recently spoke to Family Circle magazine -- and in the interview, she said, "I'm not a perfect mom, but my kids haven't been arrested, in rehab or kicked out of school, so I must be doing something right!"

The implication -- parents of kids who HAVE been arrested or struggled with drug addictions are NOT doing something right.

This didn't sit too well with many of Kathie's fans -- who have since taken to the talk show host's Facebook page to express their disgust.

Among the comments -- "Well Kathy, here is a pic of my little brother who we lost at the age of 33 yrs old due to a DISEASE called DRUG ADDICTION ... I find it funny we were both raised by the same woman called MOM ... I am NOT an ADDICT and NEVER was ... Poor parenting?? Gimme a break."

"Shame on you Kathie Lee Gifford, shame on you. You are a thoughtless human being."

"Kathy do you know the first thing they teach you in family counseling for loved ones of addicts? The three C's; you DIDN'T cause it, you CAN'T cure it, and you CAN'T control it."

"Poor parenting?? God bless you and your great parenting skills you suck at being educated on addiction."

"I'm glad you never had to face any of your babies drowning in a disease they could not be cured from. I lost my baby at the age of 32 to a heroin overdose in Sept 2010. I am a doctor and worked hard my entire life to give her the best."

So we gotta ask ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

tgrfan42069

just wait till her kids end up on the drugs.it will happen.like most everyone in hollywood.not to mention her kids great dad cheated on her.she needs to clean up her own back door before blasting other parents.

Renee

Maybe the heroin doc gave his/her kid too much of the best - raised a spoiled brat with no boundaries

Tim

She sucks at marriage too. Just ask Frank or the Stewardess

carbin

Her show is horrible anyway.

Pudding Tang

Alcohol is a drug too Kathie Lee, so that makes your parents fail miserably!

obama'saracist

she didnt say that liberal blamers are just trying to blame others for their failures.which makes them like Obama,blame any one else

LDB

Think before you speak

MAX

IVE SEEN GIFFORD IN N.Y. SHE LOOKS LIKE ALL THE SPIT AND SNOT ON THE LOCKER ROOM FLOOR SHE SHOULD SHUT HER PIE HOLE

Straight Talkin Texan

Another caustic female I don't like, but she makes a good point. I think good parents are less likely to have kids who get in trouble.

gamepro

kathie your one horrible human and who are you to judge others and you can be the greatest and best parent ever but have to have a kid or kids fall to drug addiction

KISS

The most insensitive remarks I ever heard a host of an influential television program make. I was addicted to weed for years and my parents never smoked or drinked around me. You make your own choices in life. Parents are only there to guide you to the right ones. What you detour to is your own fought not your parents.

spokenword

I think her words were misunderstood.

Rhubino

Have any celebrities reacted yet? I'm sure she's ticked off a few (hundred) of them, too.

gossipgirl86

I definitley think she should have chose her words more wisley...my sister in law and her brother were raised in church, were not spoiled, had consequences when they did wrong, both went to college and he died of a meth overdose. You can raise them up as best you can and sometimes when they become adults THEY CHOOSE the wrong path.

taz

She puts her foot in her mouth way to often for her not to take a closer look at how she says things.Good for her that her kids are doing well, but some parents aren't so fortunate. They can do everything right but it does come to point when that child can make bad decisions despite good parenting.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments