« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star

I Just Got FIRED Over

Kobe Rape Joke

8/10/2012 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0730-wrestler-kobe-bryant-wwe-article-1
WWE star Abraham Washington has just been FIRED after making a Kobe Bryant rape joke on live television last week -- and he's PISSED ... claiming the WWE has "turned its back" on him.

As we previously reported, the WWE issued an apology for its July 30 live broadcast of "Monday Night Raw" -- during which Washington took the mic and said a wrestler named Titus O'Neil was "like Kobe Bryant at a hotel in Colorado ... he's unstoppable."

Now, according to Washington, the WWE has taken further action after the joke, terminating his contract entirely.

Obviously, Washington is NOT happy -- taking to his Twitter moments ago with a barrage of angry messages ... like, "It was the #WWE that made me bold and now it has turned it's back on me."

"Just be normal shut up and be a yes man so you can collect your check and feel like your special. #SELLOUTS!!"

"I remember a time when the WWE didn't care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow. #RemeberTheFans"

"Thank you WWE for creating me and then killing me because I only portrayed what I grew up watching... The #WWE!!"

A rep for the WWE tells TMZ ... "Unfortunately, Brian Jossie, playing the character of A.W. was terminated because he continued to exhibit poor judgment by making offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

mark medina

This is soo wrong; To all you retards wwe is all script. He only said what he read on the script.

mpotter766

The fact is the great Kobe Bryant DID rape a 19 year old girl in Colorado, she took a pay off because she couldn't take the threats and pressure from the media and "Kobe jerks". He will always have an asteric next to his name. He got away with rape, anyone who wants to make a joke out of him about the rape has every right to.

gampa69er

1) He was fired for the rape comment on RAW. However, he should have been fired, just for being boringggggggggggggggg. He has no talent, and he just blames racism for his firing, and Linda for it, because of her running for office. He is just a bore, and has the personality, of a rock. No, not the Rock. Good riddance to the idiot.

E.Z. Harry

Oh give me a ****ing break. Big show made a Kobe rape joke a decade ago in a rap battle against Cena and all it got was a pop from the audience.

Dan Santiago

That joke was one of the funniest jokes I have ever heard. The problem with our post 9/11 society is that you cannot say anything today. Everything that is spoken is criticized and blown up by the media. Mr. George Bush created a culture of fear and paranoia. I don't think anyone will ever get to joke about things like like this again. AW should not have been fired! He basically made the Primetime Players. I will miss him greatly. People must understand that wrestling is a show, and AW was just providing entertainment.

bratty

Im sorry but rape jokes are not funny at all. If i were A.W,i wouldve kept my mouth shut about this whole thing.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5