Sylvester Stallone

On Sage's Death:

Horrible, but 'Reality in Life'

8/14/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

081412_sly_gma_v2
Sylvester Stallone is finally speaking about the death of his son Sage ... calling it a "horrible situation ... but it's something that is reality in life."

Stallone just appeared on "GMA" to promote his new "Expendables" movie ... when the reporter asked how Stallone was "hanging in there" since Sage passed away last month.

"It's tough it's very very tough," Stallone said ... adding, "But if you have good friends and your family’s support, it's just something that’s a horrible situation but ... hopefully it will heal and you try to get through it but it's something that is a reality in life."

Stallone noted that working on his new movie has helped him get through it ... saying, "It's important to get back and try to start reliving your life, otherwise you can go into a spiral."

Sage -- who starred in "Rocky 5" with Sly -- passed away on July 13 from an apparent drug overdose. He was 36.

HRH Prince Michael

Mr. Stallone: May The True and Living Yahweh bless and strengthen, You and Yours.

20Twelve:
Daniel Twelve;1 is HERE,
Proverbs Twelve;7 is NOW,
Zechariah Twelve;8 is NOW,
St. Mark Twelve;36 is NOW,
Psalm 2;012 is NOW:
The Most Blessed Christ King Yeshua reigns!
ALL, for The Greater Glory of The True and Living Yahweh!

FreeWill

Don't know why but I don't believe Sylvester! He said that making the movie helped him to keep sane, but that movie was made months ago! And he's so devastated that went in a promotional tour of this movie? to me that's weird. Hope I am wrong on this one.

myopinion

Absolutely Stallone....I wish the best for you and your family.

RIP Sage

Sandra

It's a sad time for him but I suggest he was not a great father to his troubled son!!

road_angel

My condolences to the family. Mr. Stallone is right when he said "It's important to get back and try to start reliving your life,... people can often get depressed and go into a black whole sort of thing and then its really hard to pull yourself back up. Wise words. This could help other people in life to carry on . I'm happy to see him out and about again. And my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

zoe

Sly's insistence on using the word "but" in his statement makes it sound insincere, i.e. it's sad but...but that's life...but if you have friends... "but" is a negation. It diminishes the value of a statement. I also think making statements such as these, only a month after losing your son, sounds harsh. He's essentially saying if you have family and friends you'll get through it and sounds like he's coping BUT a month isn't much time at all to sound as though you are getting over it and doing promotional events if they were truly close. I don't know these people so I don't mean to judge, but the situation sounds odd. I don't think these two were that close in their later years, or Sly found out something about his son he wasn't happy about during the investigation. In any event, a very sad day for both son and father. RIP

road_angel

E

Sylvester Stallone is such a pig.

RIP Sage.

Mary

S...I get it...lost my son at same age....life is tough. Hang in!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2