« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Fred Durst

I Was NOT Booted From

WWE For Flipping the Bird

8/20/2012 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0820_fred_durst_01
Fred Durst DID NOT get kicked out of WWE's SummerSlam last night for giving the middle finger to the camera, despite reports to the contrary ... in fact, the real reason he left the main arena was to apologize to the producers.

The web has been blowing up this morning with reports that Durst was hauled out of the Staples Center in L.A. Sunday night because he flipped off the camera during the broadcast (above) ... a big no, no on a family friendly show.

A rep for the WWE tells TMZ ... the reports are 100% FALSE. The "Limp Bizkit" frontman didn't get the boot, he just felt so bad following the incident, he immediately went backstage to apologize for his actions.

The rep notes, "We appreciate Fred’s apology.  However, we take our family-friendly environment very seriously and this was a violation of that.  We sincerely apologize to our fans.”

Not only did Durst peace out early to apologize ... he claims he also wanted to beat the legendary L.A. traffic following the show. Durst tweeted,  "I was leaving to beat the traffic! Haha, security escorting me out?? WWE is family. hahaha. Is this really a rumor? Amazing. My boys at WWE are cracking up! Note -- never leave early to beat traffic!”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

John

Jesus fans do it all the time.. They also chant **** like ******* etc..

There is a odd fcc rule about cussing if its the spectators and so they let them do it.

Ashlyn

WWE used to be cool. I'm 21 now and I used to love it years ago. I can understand where the WWE is coming from but I find it kind of funny. Let's see... DX was always crop chopping and saying "suck it", There was "HLA" where chicks would make out on stage, There was a crazy amount of sexuality, There was drinking and gambling, etc. How I miss those days lol. And for fu*k sake Steve Austin always stuck up his middle fingers when he got on the turnbuckle. He just turned his hands frontward and did it. So they think all this stuff is appropriate for kids? ...Okay then. Why is WWE super kid friendly all of a sudden now? Just my thoughts.

StarFleetVeteran

How retarded. Sad how WWE went from "Attitude" to "Wussy TV." I seem to recall a certain Texas Rattlesnake flipping off the camera as a trademark.

Simone

Sounds like the ol "you can't fire me because I quit" routine.

So Durst goes backstage, gets read the riot act, and when asked to leave Durst claims that he was already leaving to beat the traffic.

If you're going to lie at least make your lie believable

verlinda

Hey Fred tell WWE You have 2 words for them...."SUCK IT"...That's kid friendly

fast34me

Who's Fred Durst? Limp bizcut or soggy biscuts, who cares? And he's relevant to what how?

Nvts

Has been LOSER

CaMeO

Bird flipping from Stone Cold Steve Austin is what popularized the WWF

Icesis

WWE needs to go back to a TV14 rating all this TVPG crap gets boring

Garbo

Exactly how I feel about your "music" Fred.

MP

He's 40-something years old. Grow up already.

BonitaBeaver

Isn't summer slam PPV? Who cares dude hasn't made a song since Mila was in diapers...

buckwheat

Stupid looking hat
Stupid looking tattoos
Stupid looking bead
This creepy looking old man is a major ASS CLOWN

Mark H

Did Fred model for Jeff Dunham's puppet Walter?

jayman419

Didn't the WWE used to have a title holder who flipped off the crowd while swilling beers like a champ?

Not that I give a **** about Durst. He can eat a dick. But the WWE are a bunch of hypocrites. I haven't watched their garbage since I was a kid in the 80s.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2