'Dark Knight' Massacre

SECOND Victim Hires

Casey Anthony Lawyer

8/20/2012 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0820_jose_baez_marcus_weaver_getty_article
Casey Anthony
's old defense attorney is seeing double after the "Dark Knight" massacre in Aurora, CO -- TMZ has learned, Jose Baez has been hired by a second victim of the shooting.

41-year-old Marcus Weaver -- whom James Holmes shot twice in the upper shoulder during the tragedy -- tells TMZ, "Over the past 30 days of agony, along with very careful thought and consideration, I have hired Attorney Jose Baez as my legal counsel."

0820_marcus_weaver_getty_article_shirt
TMZ broke the story ... Baez has already been hired by a woman named Shirley Wygal -- whose 32-year-old daughter was shot and killed by Holmes.

Now, Weaver says, "I felt that the night of the incident, that the security at the theatre was lacking from the time I entered. I want answers, we ALL want answers. And I know Attorney Baez will do what ever he can to help with the fullest extent of the law."

He adds, "Every day, early in the morning or at night, I have a movie in my head of what happened. I wake up every night with nightmares. I don't think it will ever go away."

Weaver finally underwent surgery last week to remove the bullets, which were then taken by police as evidence. It's unclear whether he plans to sue the movie theater.

John Holmes

Damn dirtbag lawyer and people profiting. if you did not feel safe why did you go in, nobody made you enter that theater.

Rhaimus

Lol. What security should be at a movie? Ushers with shotguns. These people make me sick. I opened a bottle of ORBs drink about 10 years ago, the glass was broken around the seal... Sliced my hand wide open. Should have sued, got in on the trend early. And no Im not saying getting my hand cut is the same as getting shot. Just what security do people expect to be at the friggin movies.

ABB

I hate money-grubbung so called victims like this clown. Maybe he should have gotten popped for real-real not for play play. You're alive idiot! be happy for that!

fleiter

These vultures are going to raise the price of tickets for us all and drive many theaters out of business. Local theater owners can't afford to hire security guards for every showing.

Bobby

Ambulance chaser.

twinsies

I love how people who sue the big companies say they are doing it for the principal. That is such bull! If it was for the principal, they would be suing the person who actually pulled the trigger. Oh that's right. He doesn't have any money. Pathetic.

GLaDOS

What a piece of sh*t. All of these people suing the theater are human garbage for trying to profit off of this. NO theater could have stopped this shooting. I've never been to a theater in my life that had armed guards at every exit, alarmed doors, metal detectors, bomb sniffing dogs or whatever other nonsensical security measures these idiots say should have been in place. These people should be ashamed of themselves.
I hope not only does the courts toss this lawsuit but make these people pay the theaters legal fees. Such disgusting human beings for trying to make a buck off of this. You don't see them trying to sue the guy that actually did this. No.. they're going after any company that had anything to with the movie showing.. whether it be the theater or Warner Bros.. because they have money.

devilgirl

Get that money, bitch! You'll have it spent in no time and still be bitching about getting shot! Greedy s***! Be glad you are alive!

Mayu

Casey Anthony is a baby killer and these are money grubbing opportunists. Notice they want to go after the money and not the killer? Baez didn't get her off, the retards who thought she was too pretty to go to prison, or had to get their ass on vacation got her off. Baez himself was nothing more than a clown. Doesn't matter, this people are going to lose. The movie theater operators aren't psychic. There was no viable threat, there was no reason to believe this was going to happen. They were up to code... they have no other liability. They would only be liable if they had code violations and were aware of it.

Shaun

I do feel bad for all the victims and families, but I hate hearing stuff like "I felt that the night of the incident, that the security at the theatre was lacking from the time I entered". Oh so know you counting security at theaters and determining risk and ish. Guess hes running with that to get to the MONEY

kakes

I'm sorry these people were involved BUT no one forced them to go to the movies that night. They complain that there was NOT enough security and expect "airport" security, then they would complain about having TOO much. Sorry ppl but damn stop wasting the courts time w/this bs.

Mayu

who "Feels" there wasn't enough security when they walked into a movie theater? What retard says something like that? ITS A MOVIE THEATER. Their only security are security exits, which this theater was equipped with. As long as they didn't have code violations that they had knowledge of, and did not fix... they are not liable.

Uh oh i am screwed

Security was lacking? The shooter went out a back door and came back in, it isn't like he brought the guns in the front door. Did they expect the theater to have all the exits monitored when nothing like that has ever happened before?

My heart breaks for the victims and their families but I don't think the theater is at fault in this case.

Tee

I wouldn't be surprised if baez was soliciting them.

You're wrong

What an ass clown, I go to the movies a lot, movie theaters don't have security guards they can't afford them. You can't predict this type of violence that's why it keeps occurring. If you felt so unsafe there should carried your sorry ass home. It's all about the money and it's just disgusting. I am sorry he got shot and that other lady lost her daughter, but if they should sue anyone it really should be the shooter .....ups he doesn't have any money. FYI Baez didn't get Casey off he was lucky as hell that the prosecutor was incompetent and the jury consisted of a bunch of morons.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments