« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MIchael Strahan

To Join "Live"

With Kelly Ripa

8/21/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0821_strahan_artMichael Strahan was picked to partner with Kelly Ripa on her morning syndicated show ... this according to staffers at ABC in New York City.

Several staffers told TMZ ... the talk in the building is that Strahan -- who played in the NFL and won a Super Bowl ring -- will be announced as the co-host.

Strahan's rep was seen outside the building on 67th and Columbus a short time ago grinning from ear to ear.

Strahan tried out for the gig in June and apparently impressed the suits.

BTW ... Strahan is 6'5" ... Kelly is 5'3".  Dancing should be fun.

We got Strahan out a few weeks ago, joking about Tim Tebow getting laid -- he's a pretty funny guy ... so we gotta ask ...

082112_strahan_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Birdsht

Jesus H Christ our tv's are going to melt down with all the talentless hosts of the junk we are forced to accept. Kanye, Nikki Minaj, Michale Strahan. I never thought J.Lo and Steven Tyler would be a positive in my lifetime. It only took weeks to change that tune.

The Maharincess of Franistan

HOORAY!!!!

BEST NEws I've heard all day!!!

Congrats Stray!! You were the best!!!!

dan

I fear Michael is going to be clapping for an incoming guest and accidentally knock out 90lb Kelly Ripa

Red Lily

Michael will be great. He's got a great personality. So happy for him and Kelly.

stan

with these two hosting i can see real hard hitting journalism(milquetoast at it's finest)

karen

Who?

chris

I like Michael, but can't take him 5 days a week. I think they should have kept the revolving hosts.

viktor

Awful decision, as usual.

andria

I still want to shove another tooth between his two front. At least he seems like a nice guy, though.

Anna Johnstone

Did they have a nation wide search for an everyday kind of person? They even had people watching, voting for the person they wanted to see as the co-host.

GLaDOS

Wow, she's really aged. She used to be hot but she's looking like a mess now.

rosemarie lopez

I watch this show daily. I think he would be a good co-host!

Tinalouise

Well, I like him but I really think NIck Lachey or Josh Groban would have been better. Kelly hates sports for one thing and he isn't really in the "entertainment" industry as far as movies go. Regis knew everyone and knew how to tell a good story and could even tell what movies would be up for an Academy Award. I just don't see Michael dressing up for the whole Halloween fiesta either.

Hey Now

Tiki Barber is somewhere kicking the heck out of himself. LOL

Zombie Whitney Houston

Regis must be rolling over in his grave.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments