Clint Eastwood

Bumbles Through

Invisible Obama Schtick

8/31/2012 6:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

083112_eastwood_rnc_launch
Clint Eastwood brought down the partisan crowd at the RNC by stumbling through an 11-minute bit last night that was supposed to be painfully hysterical ... but might have been just painful.

The legendary actor/director got on stage and addressed an empty stool next to him, saying ... "I've got Mr. Obama sitting here. I just was gonna ask him a couple questions."

During the schtick 82-year-old Clint seemed confused at times as he critiqued the President's 4 years in office ... and set up punchlines like, "What do you want me to tell Romney? I can't tell him to do that. He can't do that to himself."

President Obama responded to the invisible routine this morning by tweeting a pic of the back of his chair with the message, "This seat's taken."

0831_obama_chair_twitter
No doubt, landing an icon like Eastwood to warm up the crowd for Mitt Romney was a coup for the GOP -- but still, we gotta ask ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ace

I didn't see it live but I saw the clips. He looked like a bumbling old man....and I like Clint.

Sassy

I think being Clint Eastwood, and being held in such high regard throughout his acting and directing career, he should have done a regular speech with a couple jokes thrown in. Not that chair bafoonery.

whatever3

Obummer's chair may be taken for now - but not for too much longer.

Clytemnestra

I cannot in clear conscience vote for either Mitt or Barack so I'm voting for Gary Johnson. Actually sent in my first political donation of this election.

Ih8Taxes

Yes, soon the chair will be vacated by Nobama and thank God we will no longer have to endure his utter incompetence. Worst president ever.

gamepro

mitt romney is a idiot and will destroy america if he gets elected and atleast obama thinks about the middle class and the poor class to which i have to say makes up a ton of more people then the rich does and if anyone thinks the poor or middle class will like romney then your insane and if they do vote for them then their ****ing crazy if they know what he will be doing to the middle and poor class and anyone who hates this then makes more then middle class

Kabala

Was Eastwood having a stroke?

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Painful ... and what did that have to do with anything?

vern dufford

Dirty Harry is stinking needs a diaper change!

buzz kill

Give the guy a break, hell he's 82.

Nancy

In front of a packed house and 10M people watching at home I thought he did as well as an 82 year old man, unscripted | ad-lib, could do.

Who does not love Clint Eastwood?

ratpack4

ummm. 'partisan'? who the frick has divided the country in the last 4 years?? This administration is absolutely partisan, not the BI-partisan it claimed it would be. What a typical ****Y reply from Ovomit...."this seat's taken". psshh
Guaranteed he's not even smart enough to come up with that response -his teleprompter did! LOL

Vanessa

trashhhhhh!!!!

erkg

I thought it was funny - but then again, I have a twisted sense of humor.

wtf?

Barack Hussein Obama isn't worthy enough to wipe Clint Eastwood's a$$.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments