'American Idol'

You Be the Judge

9/1/2012 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_american_idol_logo
"American Idol" will have a new set of judges -- because Randy is being kicked up to "mentor."  So we gotta ask:

Fibb

This show is and has been a DEAD HORSE for a long time now, its greed that is keeping it on the air..

Joey

Wow stick a fork in Ryan and whoever Idol is done. They shouldn't even have a show this season It will be an enbarassment

Fibb

They need to end all these stupid singing contest shows, & give the music business back to the real musicians out there, who have sacrificed everything they have for the love of their art. & worked so much harder than these whipper snapper kids, who are led to believe that all they need to do to make it in the music business is just enter a contest. Its dumb shows like AI along with downloading for free, that has killed the music business...

amanda1772

I'm Black, and i want to why they asked the question about whether or not all the judges should be black. What does having black judges have to do with anything

DaveT

If they really want a judge who will stir it up and pull in viewers, make Lisa Lampanelli a judge :D

IceGypsy

Think most of these shows have run their course. Time for the networks to actually hire some decent writers to create some new shows instead of being lazy and relying on all this reality crap.

SrungBee

Finally they are making sense! Wow.

www.IP-Privacy.tk

Mary

I think Barry Gibb should be a judge. I would love to see him.

brownie

what bothers me more than anything as a fan from day 1 is how they could even consider the likes of that trash nicki m. She has absolutely NO talent and will bring nothing to idol. Idol isobviously NOT listening to thier faithful viewers and signing her they just dug thier own grave.

soobeedoo

I'm not going to waste my time watching this stupid show anymore and I'm certainly not going to waste my time voting on your stupid polls...it's seen it's better days...stick a fork in it....it's done!!!

manbearpig

i wish idol would just die off!
i think it is beyond awesome that it is a tie between which show is better- idol or honey boo boo!!!
if it is THAT close- idol's death can't be far away!!!!!!!!

oink

Bring back a version of The Gong Show. lol

rich

Carey is half black, Nikki isn't black and Randy is no longer a host. If anything it has gotten less black. How racist is this site?

Miz.Chellie - Celebrity Feast

I feel kind of bad for Randy because Idol execs don't want him so that is where this whole 'mentor' deal came from.
As for Keith Urban, while I like him as an artist, I'm not quite sure if he is the right choice.
And I think Mariah Carey lost some of her steam with her new release and her reported jealousy of Nicki Minaj.

bluzzone

High profile judges cannot save a show that chooses to focus more on the judges than the talent. Secondly ,the voting system is so bad it has got to be revamped so that the teenagers cannot control the show.That is a big factor why the better singers go first. Teenagers go by looks ,and have no idea what good singing is.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments