Joey Buttafuoco

Don't Shoot Me ...

But I'm Writing a Tell-All

9/3/2012 6:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0902_Buttafuoco_fisher_gettyJoey Buttafuoco is breaking his 20-YEAR SILENCE about his affair with Amy Fisher by writing a tell-all book, TMZ has learned.

Buttafuoco tells TMZ the reason he's coming forward after so many years is due to a recent brush with death. He believes it's time to "clean the slate" and finally move on with his life -- aptly titling the memoir, "Closure."

Joey tells us, "Everyone thinks they know [the story] but they really don't."

Joey says the book his ex-wife Mary Jo Buttafuoco wrote back in 2009 is just an "angry account of an ex-wife who pieced together her own vision of why things happened. [She] had no knowledge of my life away from home."

Joey says he thinks Amy in particular will have a problem with him telling the whole story, but tells TMZ, "It's time for all of us to move on. My book is closure for everyone and our respected families. It's time."

Gretel

My first thought was that there is no way this stupid man can string a sentence together in order to author a book. My second thought is maybe I'll beat him to the story: He was a walking dick. He was putting it to a totally messed up teenage girl. She decided to kill his wife. Joey discovered that there is no such thing as the bottom of the barrel; you can always go further down as long as you are still alive to live your pathetic life. End of story.

moxie

Joey, I wouldn't touch yer stinkin' book with a 10 meter cattle prod and latex gloves.

Gretel

By the way, Joey, in your literary prowess I believe you misspoke using the word "respected" (families). I think you meant RESPECTIVE, because where you are concerned there is no such thing as respect. Idiot.

Dennis Johnson

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO who cares.............LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER!

Quinn

This man is proof that only the good die young,

Joan K

Oh Joey, Joey, you can't write a book, you have to know how to read first. Joey you are the biggest douche ever and with all of the crap you pulled in the past 25 years everyone knows it. Who in their right mind would waste a penny on a book that this idiot would put out?

Paige

I don't know of anyone who cares anymore. Joey and Amy are both real losers. Mary was a fool. Too bad for their kids.

Anne

cause nothing syas closure like a tell all book.....and I think he means "respective" families, not respected

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I don't think Dollar Tree is going to have enough space for your books on their shelves.

Truth

NO 1 CURR!!!!!!!!!! #EPICFAIL #TRUTH!!

Rae

These people aren't relevent anymore. Who is going to buy his book?

Bob

Things must have been tough in prison for Joey. Especislly with a name like Butta****o.

devilgirl

Does anyone care? This is so 1992. You missed the window Joey, your 15min were up 10,511,985min ago.

Criss

What was his recent brush with death?

♥TMZ but ...