Michael Clarke Duncan

Died from

Respiratory Failure

9/10/2012 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0910_MCD_doc_launch
Michael Clarke Duncan died from respiratory failure, weeks after going into cardiac arrest ... this according to the actor's death certificate.

According to the doc, obtained by TMZ, respiratory failure is listed as the immediate cause of death.

One of the underlying causes of Michael's death was anoxic encephalopathy (severe lack of oxygen to the brain). As we first reported, MCD's organs were severely damaged during the minutes following his initial cardiac episode on July 13th, when the actor went without oxygen for five whole minutes.

Other underlying causes include ventricular fibrillation (irregular quivering heartbeat), and acute myocardial infarction (heart attack).

Organ nodules (sarcoidosis) were a contributing factor to MCD's death.

Two weeks after he went into cardiac arrest, MCD also received a tracheotomy, presumably to aid in breathing.

MCD passed on September 3rd. He was 54.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

bob`

Another Illuminati coverup. May his soul rest in peace.

Mark Ferry

Michael Clarke Duncan's role in the Green Mile was one of the most memorable movie roles ever. Rest in peace big guy.

Jan Davenport

This is only the second time I have ever commented on a blog. Truly I believe this was not only an accomplished actor, an actor with great integrity. I am
extremely saddened at the loss of this gifted person whoI am sure will be missed by milliions.

Zax

The F**ked up part about this, is that even though there different you still think them the same, in Green Mile he died of electrocution and he didnt want his face covered as his heart was being shocked to death. Heres a reminder of who he was in television and in life.

MC G

TMZ.. you really filed Michael Clarke Duncan's death under "This Week's Best Stuff?" A$$holes.

Joe

Really enjoyed the big guy's acting although he could have picked a better way of getting out of marrying the true witch Omaroso...RIP Mike

Rejoicing

After reading the comments below; none of us know the intimate details of this situation. I went through an ordeal which entailed a six month hospitalization. I was 42 and due to an error by a physician required major surgery which led to being on a vent and being trached. Everyone but my pulmonologist and my family had given up hope. While being on life support was difficult most of the time you are alseep and do not know what is going on. I'm grateful they didn't decide to give up and pull the plug which at the time would have seemed the kind thing to do. I have now lived 13 years and seen my daughters marry and my son go to medical school. I'm glad I didn't have a DNR signed before going into surgery and leaving it in my family's and physician's hands because we just never know who will survive and who won't.

lilsusie

Michael was a great actor and seemed to be a wonderful person anytime he was interviewed. Prayers to the family.

TMZ, you have the age wrong. He would have to be 55, soon to be 56.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6