« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jerry 'The King' Lawler

In Cardiac Care Unit

'Vital Signs are Stable'

9/11/2012 9:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0911_jerry_lawler_01
Jerry 'The King' Lawler's vital signs are stable ... and he seems to be making progress in his recovery after suffering a heart attack on live TV during a WWE event Monday night.

A rep for the WWE tells TMZ ... "As of this morning, Jerry 'The King' Lawler is in a cardiac care unit and all his vital signs are stable."

The org. notes, "WWE will provide additional information as it becomes available. We continue to wish Jerry all the best for a full recovery.”

Lawler's ex-wife Stacy Carter has been providing updates on the wrestler's condition on Twitter -- saying he underwent surgery last night and had a "stint & a balloon put in."

Carter says Jerry is still heavily sedated.

As we previously reported, 62-year-old Lawler suffered the heart attack roughly 30 minutes after he finished wrestling during a "Monday Night Raw" performance in Montreal ... and was rushed to a local hospital.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

leiloni

hope and prayers r with u jerry

GetOverYourself

Wow, that's what I call "heart stopping" action!

AZCHIC83

i hope and pray he gets well soon... at his age he should really consider retiring and just being a broadcaster

BigP

This is the first real thing to happen in a professional wrestling ring since the beginning of the industry.

verlinda

Hang in there King, get well soon

LadyN

I'm so relieved that he made it through surgery and is stable but am concerned because he has yet to speak or recognize anyone. I'm hopeful it is just the sedation causing that.

HasSomethingToSay

It's a STENT to open the arteries, and its a IABP; Intra-aortic balloon pump to assist the heart with beats so the heart does less work and can heal faster.

john johnson

i'll bet vince mcmanon really "cares"

rommel

Hopefully the hospital they sent him to served him in English. The French Quebecois there hate the english/english speaking people and are always doing their very best to take away anlgophone rights. Its a pathetic situation in Montreal.

amber

amber

OK. In order for some one to be defib they have to have a heart rythym called V-fib and they can not be defibed if they r flat lined. They have to have CPR and loads of meds to regain a shockable rythym. As far as being clinically dead for 20 minutes, that doesn't quit seem very accurate. That would insinuate that his heart was not beating on its own for 20 minutes and I know it wasnt that long when they made the announcement that he was breathing on his own, IDK may be true but I think that may be an exaggeration. and the first thing that would be done is not a CAT scan I think they ment to say he was in the Cath Lab, that is where they USE a balloon to open the blocked artery in order to place the stent, the balloon does not stay in. He recieved three stents which means he had three blockages. Just a little clarification via a RN (me, I am an RN). God bless Jerry Lawler. hope everything works out.

LeilaDuncan

@rommel you are as racist as you are dumb

Unka Gee

Fight on Jerry....The King will live on.....

Stephanie

My positive hearted thoughts and praayers are with you . Get well soon .

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2