'American Idol'

Judges Get Right to Work

9/16/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0916_american_idol_2
"American Idol" judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson wasted no time getting right to work today ... showing up in NYC alongside host Ryan Seacrest for day one of auditions.

"Idol" made the official announcement about this season's judging panel just a few hours earlier.

As TMZ first reported, Jackson got a last minute reprieve when producers failed to come to terms on a contract with Enrique Iglesias.

The 12th season of "American Idol" will premiere in January.

Toilethead

They could pass for the inmates of an insane asylum. That stupid show has officially jumped the shark.

roll3567

There's only one thing that could save this show and it's name is...sanjaya

MOTHEROFGOD

Keith Urban is not a bad singer nor is he a bad person. He's over come a lot in his life. What amazes me is that he has chosen to be around the WORST people ever. Money has to be involved in this or he has fallen off the bandwagon!

Nicoleasm

Im watching, I'm curious to see how this plays out, good or bad..just out of pure curiosity of the judges. The contestants don't even matter anymore, usually the losers are more successful than the winners. And by loser I mean the very first person sent home!

Cujeaux

Gawd, call the hair police. Ryan's duck tail is so 2005. Keith Urban's frosted hair makes him look like a woman. Mariah should get rid of that long weave and get a shorter hairstyle more in line with her age. Nikki always looks like an insane clown.

They better hope Mariah won't be hitting the bottle a la Paula Abdul. Anything for publicity I guess.

backfire

There are so many duplicate shows on televison now....and I enjoy Brittany on X factor but most of the singers are mediocre and everyone's telling them they are stars. There isn't talent to go around and American Idol seems to be dead in the water.

Bu

They look like a train wreck!

Peyton

Ugh. Idol turned me off years ago. The addition of Minaj to the judge stand has now turned my stomach.

kapnkool

Imagine being an Adele protege and getting judged by people like Nicki Minaj and Britney Spears? Two women who lip sync and use overpowering backing vocal tracks to disguise their real, terrible voices. If I hear either one of them use the word "pitchy" or "not in key" I might just cry with laughter at the hypocrisy.

RealityBites

You can't beat a dead horse, pack it up AI your show has sucked for years.

myopinion

Nicki is a host if that CLOWN is on I'm not watching.

Cool Breeze

This show is over. It's scraping the barrel with nicky minaj, what a joke

tony gee

No matter what freaking face
Knee-Key Minaj-a-trois
tries to make,
she is freakishly flocking ugly
and I really mean --
U G L I S S I M U S!

Something is very wrong in her face.
Could it be that once upon a time
she only used to be just a simple pimple
and a face grew on it?

fjc0917

I won't be watching anymore. They should just give up already!

all about the money

Doomed show just like X-Factor. When the show becomes more about the judges than the talent then the show has lost meaning. Should just hire 4 "judges" and make them live in a house together or on a deserted beach together ala Big Brother / Survivor. Its almost what they are doing now. No longer about talent or even judges that can recognize talent...these shows are about the Judges and judge drama more than actual singing talent....not that they could recognize talent if it was a one act show because they would be to busy arguing and competing for camera time themselves to even watch one act.