Clint Eastwood

Republicans Were 'Dumb'

To Ask Me to Speak at RNC

9/18/2012 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

091812_clint_eastwood_extra_launch
Clint Eastwood
 finally admitted what everyone already knew ... the GOP made a HUGE MISTAKE by hiring him to speak at the Republican National Convention -- calling Mitt Romney's people "dumb" to ask him in the first place.

Clint opened up in a recent interview with Extra's Jerry Penacoli, claiming, "If somebody’s dumb enough to ask me to go to a political convention and say something, they’re gonna have to take what they get.”

It's a pretty crazy statement ... considering Clint had previously rebuffed critics of his infamous "Invisible Obama" speech by refusing to admit the entire thing was a train wreck.

083112_eastwood_rnc_launch
Clint insisted he was just expressing his feelings -- but now, it's pretty clear he's starting to realize the truth ... it just wasn't a good idea.

When asked if he'd do it all over again -- the 82-year-old replied, "I never look backward. It’s done and it’s done. I probably would. I wouldn’t be afraid of it."

0902_eastwood_sub_launch

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Marilyn

Clint,
You rocked!
I loved your words & meaning behind them.
It was better than the boring standard
speech as you were talking from the heart.
Go Clint!
No apology is necessary.

CLINT

Clint doesn't care what anyone thinks about him or what he said at the RNC. Good for him. Are we all supposed to go out and beat the drum for Mitt or Obama and just spew out scripted speeches, or can we just have a little fun? It really doesn't matter who we vote for because neither are going to do what they say they are going to do, so why not make a joke out of it, just like the government has made a joke out of this country.

Cujeaux

i knew Clint would eventually turn on them. it was just a matter of time. bigot.

Parker

AND YOU SHOULD HAVE NOT ACCEPTED........SO WHO IS THE IDIOT HERE...BOTH CLINT AND THE REPUBLICANS...OH WELL KIND EVENS THINGS OUT, THE DEMS HAVE BIDEN!

Stormy

We need Dirty Harry in the White House!!! No more *****-footing around with dilapidated mental midgets!!!

annebella

I LOVED it!!!! I haven't talked to one person who thought it was all the stuff the Media is saying!!!! Everyone said it was FUNNY! RIGHT ON!! EXACTLY WHAT EVERYONE THINKS But won't say Good for you Clint and BRAVO RNC!!!!!!Guts and Glory!!!

D. Potter

Boy TMZ, you sure know how to twist words. It's a common phrase and he isn't backing away.

He said "I never look backward. It’s done and it’s done. I probably would. I wouldn’t be afraid of it."

You freakin' left wing liars...

Delaware D

This guy is flip-flopping on his appearance more than Mitt did!

Pudding Tang

I've seen more stupidity from the actual candidates. George Bush, Barack Obama and even more recently Joe Biden...

Arcadia Rink

Clint, the Republicans are getting ready to throw you (and your chair) under the bus. Mitt Romney is LOSING and they have to blame SOMEONE!

#BLAMEMITTROMNEYSBIGMOUTH #47PERCENT

Chuck

..and there are those of us who think it was brilliant...The highlight of the convention for me..

MC GRUNT

GOOD GOD MS-TMZ CAN YOU GET YOUR HEAD UP OBAMA'S ASS ANY FURTHER? How many negitave stories now have you done against the GOP, Romney, Teaparty, Conservatives? But JZ and Rihanna, Samuel Jackson, Morgan Freeman can make blatant racist remarks and get a free pass?

tgrfan42069

clint loved your speech.dont pay no mind to the liberal **** wads.of course they are going to say it wasnt a good idea.now had you did same speech at the dnc they would be applauding you saying how spectacular it was.

Criss

I hope his mind isn't starting to go. I've always liked Clint.

KIM