Khloe Kardashian

E! Is Stumbling Block

For Hosting 'X Factor'

9/19/2012 10:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0919_khloe_kardashian_xfactor_e_logo_articleKhloe Kardashian may actually be a little too popular for her own good ... because we've learned E! is throwing up roadblocks in the negotiations for Khloe to host "X Factor."

Multiple sources connected to the negotiations tell TMZ ... "X Factor" producers cannot sign Khloe to the show unless E! gives permission  -- exclusivity is part of the Kardashian's contract with the network.

We're told the problem isn't so much that E! doesn't want Khloe to do Simon Cowell's show ... it's that Khloe would have to promote the program by spending a lot of time doing interviews, social media and making appearances, and E! is worried it might dilute Khloe's impact on their reality shows and also create time conflicts.

One source directly connected with the negotiations tells TMZ ... it looks like both sides will reach an agreement and Khloe will be able to host "X Factor," but the source added, "I wouldn't bet my house on it."

We are told, in the event that Khloe's deal falls apart, they would probably pick Mario Lopez as the second choice, but "X Factor" has its sights set on Khloe as a single host.

0919_x_factor_season_one_footer_v2

sav

I'm sure the honchos at Extra will LEAP at the chance to plaster Mario's face on YET ANOTHER tv show that ISN'T theirs. Brilliant...

Whome?

RIP X Factor and RIP to TMZ's independence. You work for the Kardashian's now.

Adrien303

I dont like the Kardashians but Khole is the only I've come to like. On her Khole n Lamar show, it allowed me to see her true side( in a reality how way). Mario is boring just like the previous host. Khole would be great because it will have some funny moments. If I had to choose between them I'd picked Khole. Stop hating. Down with the Kardashians show but let Khole be. Give her a chance. It's not that serious its just a tv show. If Ryan Seacrest and Nick Cannon can host and Randy, Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, Niki Manij, Paula and Demi can judge ANYBODY CAN DO IT. I say every show should gt all unknowns!!!

Phishie from Philly

WHY!

Celeb Gossip Addict

I'd like to see Khloe get the gig, but she is not worth fighting for. Let E! have her if they are making it difficult.

ciara

Its not a big deal as Khloe were to co host the show with Mario. Simon if Khloe is not available find yourself another female co host.

ohboy

Last I checked, Mario Lopez has the Broadcast credentials that qualify him to be a great host. I can't believe the entertainment industry is still trying to feed another Kardashian venture to me. STAY THE FCUK OFF MY TELEVISION YOU COWS.

JoeFrancis

This is why i cancelled cable and just torrent or watch online...

lilly

that sounds like who every their manager is and signed contract didn't read the fine lines and explained to their clients who wants to do more than just reality tv, the word exclusive should have been explained

TJ

I have a question. Do the Kardashians own TOOFAB???? Is there anything (or anybody) they don't own?? TOOFAB seems to be a private venue
showcasing them. Ugh! Too good for TMZ?

Eric in L.A.

Who Cares. X-Factor ratings suck and are getting worse. It won't be coming back next years.

Don't Slap A Ho

I hope they don't give her the host gig. See this is what's wrong with television now a days these big wigs much rather have wookies and whores on tv rather than talent.

Becky

Would love to have her as a host!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh

Kardashians are just puppets. E! is holding the strings. And guess who is holding the strings for E!?
NBCUNIVERSAL.

graeme

what a terrible idea. the whole problem with the guy last year was that he wasn't a good host. he couldn't take control of the stage and move things along. he wasn't as ease in a chaotic situation. so the solution is to get someone who's never hosted before and isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed? Simon's desperation for younger viewers is ridiculous.
You should have gotten Cat Deeley to host X Factor too.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments