Paris Hilton

Apologizes

'Gays are Strong, Inspiring'

9/21/2012 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0921_paris_hilton_01
Paris Hilton
has issued an apology for the comments she made about gay men ... saying, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know."

Of course, Hilton's apology is in response to a secretly recorded piece of audio released earlier this week which caught the heiress saying such gems like, "Gay guys are the horniest people in the world. Most of them probably have AIDS."

Paris had already released a statement trying to explain herself ... but now, she's issued a full-on apology -- posted on GLAAD's website, no less -- saying, "I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning."

"I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."

She continued, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know ... Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

mannequin

I will forgive you only if you send me designer clothing.

She's baaaack

Backpedal much? Even that statement sets them apart, you idiot. Truth be told, gay people are people, just like straight people, transgendered people, mentally challenged people, physically challenged people, purple people ...

Rebecca

Character is what you do or SAY when you think no one is listening. I am so tired of people making these sick comments, and thinking "Well, I will just apologize, and all will be forgiven". Enough already!

Phishie from Philly

You shouldn't have to apologize Paris. It wasn't meant for the public and there wasn't hatred behind the comments. Also there is something called freedom of speech. If you don't like what she says don't listen or watch her.
Let me be clear. I can't stand Paris and never did but what I can't stand more is not having freedom of speech.

Columbo

Yea sure, Skank.

Aeryn

What Paris said was true. I don't see what the big deal is.

Delaware D

Paris Hilton is soooo 5 years ago. who cares what she thinks. This has been her best day this year because she made headlines. She's old news.

DWeaver

This might be a sign of the Apocalypse, but I actually am siding with Hilton on this one. She was in a taxi with a friend who happened to be gay, and they were having what they thought was a private conversation. The taxi driver recorded the conversation, so there was just audio. Paris and her friend were looking at GRINDR, and she made a comment about the gay guys on that site and how they probably have AIDS. By audio alone, it would sound like she's prejudiced, and it was easily skewed. I don't think Paris should be apologizing for having a conversation with a friend, but a cab driver should be fired.

bigcasino

yep, she's sorry. like she was sorry when she went to jail. she found jesus! when your mentioned on TMZ for doing something bad, it's pretty much too late to be sorry. kuddos to TMZ!

Jacqueline

Damage Control Whore

CitySide

Not all gay or even heterosexuals are as promiscuous as those from the website she was being shown. But there is a segment of society that are that promiscuous and irresponsible.
It may not have been PC, but there was nothing wrong with her pointing out that people advertising for gay one-night stands is a hotbed for HIV/AIDS. Same goes for heterosexuals sites like that, too.

Mendal

Honestly does anyone really care what she says! The Human Thumb and Honey Boo Boo are more relevant now. Gotta love this Country!

Columbo

She's as dumb as a box of rocks. No one is buying this BS. Please Paris, crawl back to your silver spoon fed life style. You never will be relevant.

TheTruth

I bet that comment made Harvey all tingly.

pat

What a f*ckn air head this chick is.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments