Paris Hilton

Apologizes

'Gays are Strong, Inspiring'

9/21/2012 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0921_paris_hilton_01
Paris Hilton
has issued an apology for the comments she made about gay men ... saying, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know."

Of course, Hilton's apology is in response to a secretly recorded piece of audio released earlier this week which caught the heiress saying such gems like, "Gay guys are the horniest people in the world. Most of them probably have AIDS."

Paris had already released a statement trying to explain herself ... but now, she's issued a full-on apology -- posted on GLAAD's website, no less -- saying, "I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning."

"I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."

She continued, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know ... Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way."

Kim

She's not sorry she said it... she's sorry it was recorded and everyone FOUND OUT that she said it!! What's the old saying... "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." She should try to live by that!! Then she wouldn't find herself in these types of situations!!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I don't care what Paris thinks about...well, anything.

Gretel

How is this surprising? As far as she is concerned, there is Paris Hilton then there is the rest of the world.

MarieD1969

AMERICA is just catching up to the fact that she's an idiot!...She's always saying offensive, disrespectful, racist & now homophobic comments. The fact that it was recorded, allows people to see her real personality. She's an entitled uneducated spoiled brat.

devilgirl

Where is all the hate for her gay friend who was saying the same things as she was? I guess it is okay for the gay friend to say those things but not Hilton? I don't get why anyone cares what she says anyway? Isn't she over?

Deanna

I think this comment is being taken completely out of context. I think at the time the remark was being aimed towards the people on that website looking to have random sex with complete strangers; gay, straight, bisexual, transgendered, whatever - random sex with people you find on the internet that you have never met, in my eyes, is not only morally wrong but it also presents great dangers, of say, contracting various STD's.

Gay men having random sex with strangers was the specific topic at hand in which the comment was clearly directed towards ie. not the entire gay population, not even the entire male gay populations.

Get your panties out of a bunch.

I think Paris could have expressed herself a little more clearly, but lets face it, we're talking about Paris Hilton, a woman who can barely say the right things in front of a camera much less when she is being secretly audio-taped by a cabbie. I wonder how much that cabbie made thanks to this tape though. What a goldmine he must have thought it would be considering all of the press currently being surrounded around homosexuality.

I'd imagine I'd get a lot of hate votes here but I'm just trying to use my common sense here.

jackmama311

we will forgive you if you promise to go away....

Columbo

People sticking up for Paris fall into two categories.
1). Females. Shocker
2). Those that are as dumb as she is.

ria

I have no respect for people that say things and then apologize for it. If its how you feel, so be it. No one can take that from you. This is how they have control of us, they want everyone to be afraid of speaking out, they want the world to believe that we are on the same page when it comes to their alternative lifestyle, when clearly we're not and we will never be. Once again, if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

mike

Paris Hilton is bisexual and said what she said. Therefore, no disrespect intended. It's like all those rappers calling black people "*****" or women "bitches" or "hoes".

Jen

She said the same **** when she called the black kid the N word and a Chinese guy a chink. **** this racist, diseased bitch.

JW

and then the silence is broken...did hear from it for so long and it was so nice...then, it opens it's mouth, when it thinks nobody can hear and now you see what it "thinks". Go away again. You were never that interesting to begin with, and the sex tape was lousy.

GoodNews!

Paris is a too old to dress and drive a car that looks like it belong to Barbie. Isn't she in her thirties?

Mumra the Ever Living

This is a relevant as if I over heard some random waitress or waiter say the same thing. Paris Hilton is totally irrelevant in today's world.
Honestly who really gives a Rats Ass as far as anything this person says? Why doesn't TMZ take one of their famous polls and ask the question "Does anyone care what Paris Hilton Says?"
She is as relevant in today's world as Heidi and what-ever his name is.

BOGUS APOLOGY