Paris Hilton

Apologizes

'Gays are Strong, Inspiring'

9/21/2012 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0921_paris_hilton_01
Paris Hilton
has issued an apology for the comments she made about gay men ... saying, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know."

Of course, Hilton's apology is in response to a secretly recorded piece of audio released earlier this week which caught the heiress saying such gems like, "Gay guys are the horniest people in the world. Most of them probably have AIDS."

Paris had already released a statement trying to explain herself ... but now, she's issued a full-on apology -- posted on GLAAD's website, no less -- saying, "I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning."

"I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."

She continued, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know ... Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way."

GoodNews!

She's trash with money!!!

Renay G. Rodriguez

Apology not accepted. She is basically using one stereotype to to apologize for the other? Really What kind of apology is that.

Renay G. Rodriguez

Apology not accepted. She

King34

Paris is sexy

King34

Private conversations should never be taken serious... I always talk garbage about everyone in private... Why was this douch cabby recording her anyway,,, what an azz

Mike

Most women probably have AIDS.

Danielle

EVERYONE says dumb **** when they think NOONE is listening..I'M OVER IT.. she's forgiven.

Sammy

Leave her alone, shes right.

Gay men are very promiscuous and still are the highest risk group in contracting HIV.

Columbo

Truth comes out when you're drunk and/or alone. Think about it. If you are in a group of people you are not going to trash a certain person for fear of offending a lot of people. But in private, different story.

MrCrowley73

Just go away already you bird lookin retarded monkey.You are a nobody.A waste of air.You are the ultimate p.o.s.You disgusting dog.

sharmae

Paris Hilton is always way overdressed as she is ALL wrapped up in herself, and which includes her public image, etc. When is she gowing to grow up and act her age instead of trying to be the youngster that she isn't anymore???
I think a small fraction of the REAL Paris Hilton was caught on tape, and she's trying to protect her image. She's just gross and conceited!!

Daniel

It's quite obvious the AIDS comment was specifically regarding the users of Grindr, and not directed at the entire gay community. It's sad that a person's words can be recorded without their knowledge and used out of context.

Mark

Gays are all about getting off and that's really about it. The whole "lets live together and adopt a chinese baby" thing is really just something they do when they're bored in an attempt to normalize the rest of it.
I don't care what "Modern Family" and TMZ and Glee all try to make people believe. I've known a number of gay men in my life and I once lived on the west coast in an area that had lots of gays. I know full well what the reality is.
They are depraved and willing to sacrifice their lives in order to get off. It's a fetish and it's something that consumes them to the point that their wandering around the park at night looking for anonymous sex.
Gays get aids because they put the thrill of satisfying their desires above the health and wellbeing of themselves or their loved ones. And they also have high risk sex physically.
It's time to stop the PC train and get real. There are plenty of perverted straight people too but lets not act like guys doing guys is some beauitiful natural thing.

jokerchick

backpedaling cnut bytch - she meant it and I'd have a little respect if she stood by her statement

whatevs

pffft. An apology coming from one of the most disingenuious people on the planet? Nice try, but we're not THAT stupid.